The concept of the show is definitely tasty! Get three celebrities to cook ramyun – a Korean take on Japanese ramen – and serve to diners in Japan to see if they love it.
The unusual premise has got the internet talking. Ever since video teasers started going up on Discovery’s YouTube page in the past few weeks for Ramyun Brothers, fans of Korean TV and cooking around the world have been asking where they can watch it.
In Korea, the new variety show hits screens on both Discovery and TV Chosun tonight (May 22) at 10pm. And good news for you K-fans in Southeast Asia – the show is also available to stream on Viu from today.
In response to the huge interest, international rights holder Warner Bros. Discovery is looking for other partners to make the mouth-watering show available in other parts of the world – so keep your chopsticks at the ready for more details.
More about the show…
Ramyun Brothers is a reality show that will forever change what you know about ramen! The series stars Kang Ho-dong, Lee Seung-Gi and Bae Inhyeok who open a ramyun shop in Japan. Against all logic, they try and recreate recipes for Korea’s addictive “soul food”.
More about the stars…
There’s plenty of chemistry going on both inside the kitchen and between the on-screen talent. Kang Ho-Dong and Lee Seung-Gi reunite after more than a decade after Two Days One Night, Strong Heart, and they team up with Bae Inhyeok who appeared in dramas including Under the Queen’s Umbrella, Why Oh Soojae and Cheer Up.
What the production crew said…
- “We wanted to show the warmth and strong determination of the brothers who do all they can to overcome so many obstacles. Check out whether the team can mesmerize local Japanese foodies with ramyun recipes that are popular in Korea!”
- “Ho-Dong and Seung-Gi have known each other for 15 years now. We wanted to show the change in their relationship and chemistry. In Ramyun Brothers you’ll see how they bring out the best in each other.”
- “Don’t miss the fun as the team face challenged to do all they can to introduce and promote ramyun – aka K-ramen – in Japan!”
What the fans are saying…
- “Amazing recipes and an amazing cast!” “Inhyeok is full of surprises! He is so cute!”
- “How lucky to be in Japan and get to taste ramyun cooked by Seung-Gi.”
- “Can’t wait to watch! Seung-Gi and ramyun in one show? What more could I ask for?”
Catch Ramyun Brothers tonight and every Monday night for the next seven weeks on Discovery and TV Chosun at 10pm in Korea, and available to stream on Viu in Southeast Asia. The series is a co-production by Discovery Korea Networks and TV Chosun. Warner Bros. Discovery is exclusive international distributor.