A year since the new normal has been introduced to us and we’re nowhere near to leisure travel outside the Philippines. But who says we can’t plan a getaway without leaving the metro? This 2021, we’re introducing a special series catered to travelers and staycation lovers. Check-In is a new series where we feature some of the metro’s most popular and interesting hotels. Guests like you will be able to check out what kind of experience is in store before you arrive.
For this week, we’re virtually checking in at Shangri-La at the Fort. Located at the heart of BGC, this 5-star hotel features exquisite rooms, a collection of homes, retail shops, and Kerry Sports Manila.
Shangri-La at the Fort has 576 stylish guest rooms and suites. It has distinctive décor includes accents of marble and silk, coupled with light Italian wood. The rooms have a range of 45sqm Deluxe Rooms to 110sqm Premier Suites with floor-to-ceiling windows and inspiring views across the city. They are equipped with a private bathroom with shower or bath facilities, slippers, and toiletries. All you’ll really need to do is pack your bags, check-in and relax all throughout your stay.
For bookings, call (63 2) 8820 0888 or visit their website.
For dining, Shangri-La at the Fort currently has a few of their food concepts open. Grab some coffee and pastries at Bake House Manila, burgers and steak at Raging Bull Burgers, and some Chinese comfort food at Wang’s Kitchen. Craving for some Peruvian cuisine? Samba‘s doors are open for al fresco dining, too.
Get Our Newsletter
Here is an updated schedule of the restaurants:
- Bake House Manila: open daily from 7am to 8pm (for pick-up/takeaway from March 22 – April 4, 2021)
- Raging Bull Burgers: open daily from 10:30am to 10:30pm (for takeaway and delivery only from March 22 – April 4, 2021)
- Samba: open daily from 7am to 10pm (for al fresco dining from March 22 – April 4, 2021)
- Wang’s Kitchen: open daily from 11:30am to 9pm (for delivery and driveway pick-up only)
As of writing, Kerry Sports Manila is currently closed in line with the recent implementation of local government regulations. Kerry Spa and Adventure Zone are currently closed as well until further notice.
Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila is a certified leisure staycation hotel and can accept bookings upon the receipt of negative test results. The regulations implemented by the Department of Tourism under Administrative order 2020-006-C and local government units on staycation guidelines are applied accordingly:
• Guests are required to present a negative result from a Rapid Antigen Test within 24 hours of check-in. The RT-PCR Test is also accepted as long as the test is within 72 hours of check-in.
• Residents of the National Capital Region (NCR) and Calabarzon undertaking point-to-point travel to NCR may engage in leisure staycation. A government-issued ID with a residential address will be required upon check-in.
• Individuals age below 18 years old and above 65 years old, with comorbidities or, are currently pregnant are restricted from going on a staycation in a DOT-accredited accommodation establishment.
Note: The above information may be subject to change without prior notice as guided by the applicable community quarantine protocols of the Philippine government.
Check-In: Okada Manila