Despite its move to an online platform, this year’s Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival was an official success. The CCP and Cinemalaya Foundation happily announced this yesterday during their closing ceremony on Facebook.
This year, Cinemalaya showcased a vast pool of impressive short films, with Tokwifi bagging the Best Film award. Next year, not only will the festival return to its regular programming of putting full-length films at the forefront, we will also be seeing more titles as both the finalists for Cinemalaya 2020 and 2021 will all be screened!
During their closing ceremony, Cinemalaya also revealed these 17 finalists coming to Cinemalaya next year. Check them out below:
Cinemalaya 2020 Finalists
- Ang Halimaw by Emmanuel Q. Palo
- Angkas by Rainerio Yamson II
- Bakit Di Mo Sabihin by Real Florido
- Bula Sa Langit by Sheenly Gener
- Kargo by TM Malones
- Kathoey by Joris Fernandez and Paolo Valconcha
- Parole by Briliant Juan
- Seperate/Separate by David Corpuz
- Kaluskos by Roman Perez Jr.
- The Baseball Player by Carlo Obispo
Cinemalaya 2021 Finalists
- 12 Weeks by Anna Isabelle Matutina
- Batsoy by Ronald Espinosa Batallones
- Blue Room by Ma-an L. Asuncion-Dagñalan
- Ginhawa by Christian Lat
- Guerra by Joseph Israel Laban
- L+B Forever by John Carlo Pacala
- Retirada by Milo Alto Paz and Cynthia Cruz-Paz
For more information, visit the official website of Cinemalaya and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.