Excitement is in the air as Walt Disney Animation Studios unveils a brand-new trailer, poster, and enchanting images of “Wish,” the epic musical comedy that’s set to dazzle Philippine cinemas on November 22. But that’s not all! Today, we’re thrilled to introduce you to the talented members of the film’s voice cast, adding even more star power to this already stellar lineup. Get ready to be charmed by the world of “Wish”!
New Voices, New Adventures
Joining the previously announced cast members are some familiar voices that will bring this magical tale to life:
- Angelique Cabral steps into the role of Queen Amaya, the wise and supportive wife of King Magnifico.
- Victor Garber lends his voice to Sabino, Asha’s 100-year-old grandfather, patiently awaiting his wish to come true.
- Natasha Rothwell takes on the role of Sakina, Asha’s loving and caring mother.
Asha’s Loyal Companions
Asha, our 17-year-old heroine, is surrounded by a group of friends who add depth and charm to her journey:
- Jennifer Kumiyama portrays Dahlia, Asha’s closest confidante and an accomplished baker who unofficially leads their group.
- Evan Peters brings to life Simon, the strong and gentle giant with an infectious yawn.
- Harvey Guillén voices Gabo, the cynic with a heart of gold.
- Ramy Youseff becomes Safi, a character plagued by allergies but full of surprises.
- Niko Vargas embodies Hal, Asha’s joyful and ever-smiling buddy.
- Della Saba takes on the seemingly shy teenager, Bazeema, who’s full of unexpected surprises.
- Jon Rudnitsky lends his voice to Dario, Asha’s rosy-cheeked and wiggly-eared pal.
About the Movie
In “Wish,” audiences are invited into the enchanting kingdom of Rosas, where we meet Asha, a quick-witted idealist. Her powerful wish sets the stage for cosmic intervention, bringing forth a boundless energy known as Star. Together, Asha and Star face their most formidable adversary—the ruler of Rosas, King Magnifico—as they embark on a journey to save their community. This heartwarming tale proves that when the determination of one courageous soul aligns with the magic of the stars, extraordinary things can happen.
Starring Academy Award®-winning actor Ariana DeBose as Asha, the indomitable Chris Pine as King Magnifico, and the unforgettable Alan Tudyk as Asha’s beloved goat, Valentino, “Wish” is directed by Oscar®-winning director Chris Buck (“Frozen,” “Frozen 2”) and Fawn Veerasunthorn (“Raya and the Last Dragon”). The film is produced by Peter Del Vecho (“Frozen,” “Frozen 2”) and Juan Pablo Reyes Lancaster Jones (“Encanto”). The executive producer is Jennifer Lee (“Frozen,” “Frozen 2”), with Allison Moore (“Night Sky,” “Manhunt”) joining as a writer. With original songs by Grammy®-nominated singer/songwriter Julia Michaels and Grammy-winning producer/songwriter/musician Benjamin Rice, as well as a captivating score by composer Dave Metzger, “Wish” promises a truly magical cinematic experience.
Mark your calendars for November 22, 2023, because “Wish” will be shining exclusively on the big screen. Get ready to embark on a magical adventure that’s bound to leave you singing and believing in the power of wishes!