The National Math-Physics Photo-Essay Contest with the theme “Improving the Filipino Community through Mathematics and Physics” is scheduled on Thursday, December 1, 2016 and will end on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, for a total of almost three (3) months of accepting photography entries.
Criteria for Judging
Social Relevance – 30 %
Relevance to the Theme – 25 %
Technical Quality – 20 %
Creativity/Originality – 15 %
Artistry – 10 %
1) Open to BOTH amateurs and professionals.
2) Entries should be THEME-RELEVANT.
3) Participants should be residing in the Philippines.
4) TWO (2) entries per participant is allowed.
5) Heavy post-processing is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
1) In .jpeg/.jpg format or .png file.
2) Saved in medium to high quality.
3) Digital files in 8-bit + compression at 80 % or higher.
4) Saved in at least 300 px/in resolution.
5) NO WATER STAMP ON PHOTOGRAPH!
6) Any camera type is allowed as entry.
7) High quality scans of non-digital photos are eligible (i.e. microscope images, etc.)
8) Digital photos shot at MAXIMUM resolution.
9) Each entry should be less than 15 MB!
1) Send the compressed photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC addressed to email@example.com.
2) The email should have a subject with the following format:
3) Include a 250-word essay briefly describing the entry noting the social relevance featured in the .
4) Attach a scanned copy of your deposit slip.
Payment of Fees
Deposit your registration fee of Php 250.00 through the following bank accounts: Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Jodie Ann Cheng – 0549142052
Banco de Oro (BDO)
Noel Tibule – 03480013346
Terms and Conditions
By entering this contest, I have read and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
1) All entries’ right to publish should belong to the entrant.
2) Submission of the means photographer testifying that the entry is their creation.
3) The organizers reserve the right for a copy for publication of entry and for promotional purposes.
4) Photographers are entitled with copyright of images but grants the UP - Society the right of usage.
5) Photographer is liable for assuring that the entry is in compliance with the legal and copyright laws of the Philippines.
6) Photographers grant the Society royalty-free, non-exclusive license for publication, distribute, reproduce, display and creative derivative of their work, either partial or in whole in any form of media pre-existing or to be subsequently developed, only for non-profit public information purposes. The Society will not pay any form of due or additional consideration or approval for such uses.
7) The Society reserves the right to inform photographers to confirm submission for or for any other purpose deemed needed.
8) The Society has the right to disqualify an entry unable to meet one of the specified rules above and or incapable of validating any information on the entry form.
9) Winners are responsible for paying additional taxes if needed.
10) The Society reserves the right to cancel or modify these rules at its discretion and decisions from the Society will be final.
11) Any change in the photographer’s information should be immediately made known to the Society.
12) All transactions are non-redeemable and non-refundable.
13) Prices will be announced during the duration of the itself.