Support the fight against COVID-19 by helping boost the contact tracing here in the country through the StaySafe.PH app and website.
StaySafe.PH is the government’s official contact tracing app. With this, site visitors and app users can report the health conditions of their respective family members without having to disclose sensitive information.
This will help the private sectors, local government units (LGUs), IATF, and the national government to give immediately assist the people who are under their jurisdiction, and to make tracking COVID-19 easier on a national scale.
Last March 30, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) urged the public and the LGUs to use the contact tracing app. “Instead of using other apps, it is imperative for LGUs to use the StaySafe app for a unified system that will allow seamless, fast, and efficient contact tracing efforts,” said DILG Officer-In-Charge Bernardo Florece Jr.
If you’re wondering how you can participate in their mission for a more seamless contact tracing, here are a few steps to help you get you started with StaySafe.
- Begin by registering through staysafe.ph, or by downloading the app on Google Play Store (Android), the App Store (iOS), or the AppGallery (HUAWEI).
- You can either register using your phone number or with your Facebook account. If you opted for your phone number, a One-Time Passcode will be sent to you via SMS. Use this code to proceed.
3. You will be then asked to input a password for your account, a code name (the app suggests that you do not use your full name), and a selfie photo, which is optional. Take note that you could register anonymously and that your data is being protected under the Data Privacy Act.
4. Next, you have to enter a PIN code for your account.
5. Fill out the Health Declaration Form and you’re done!
You can now use the app to enter establishments with a quick scan of a QR code! When you’re using the app to enter establishments or the digital logbook feature, you will need to enter the following details: Name, Age, and Gender. Meanwhile, you can opt not to fill out the following: E-mail address, Address, Company Name, and Uploaded ID.
Besides this feature, you also get the current statistics and updates regarding COVID-19. You can also update your Health Declaration Form anytime.
So what are you waiting for? Be part of the force that fights back against the spread of COVID-19 by making a StaySafe account!
For more information, visit the StaySafe.PH website.