The current situation has turned home into an important space of comfort and protection, and has put mothers into the spotlight as frontliners of our homes.
The role of mothers has never been more important and challenging especially with the whole family at home— always working tirelessly to provide the needs of the family, while also ensuring their safety.
Whether your moms are at home everyday with the family or away working as a healthcare frontliner, a GrabFood delivery partner, or an essentials provider, they deserve recognition for all that they do.
As Filipinos celebrate Mother’s Day this year, Grab is honoring the “frontliners of our homes” who work tirelessly everyday to support their families amid the pandemic.
Andrea Tuason proves that the internet can be a stay-at-home mother’s key to earning. With her perseverance, and help from GrabExpress’ Madiskarteng Boss Club, Andrea Tuason started her online gift store “iFitmo” that offers products from fashion to technology items.
“Business still runs smoothly thanks to GrabExpress. Luckily it has helped us keep our products accessible especially during this ECQ.” shared Andrea. She’s still able to service her clients with the help of GrabExpress. And through this, she is able to provide for the needs of her child with special needs.
A FEMALE DELIVERY-PARTNER ON THE FRONTLINE
In a male-dominated industry, Lovella Tagalog puts her foot down as queen of the road. Based in Cebu, Lovella juggles her time by working both as a GrabExpress and GrabFood delivery rider-partner, and a mother.
“I’m earning enough for the family to get by. It’s also a good thing that I get help from my partner who’s home-based. As a mom, I’m thankful that my family is understanding of my work.
I’ve explained to my child why I need to be outside at a time like this and he’s been very understanding.” shared Lovella.
Alicia Laqi’s story is an inspiration for men and women alike who want to venture into the food business. Starting from a humble jollijeep stall in Makati, Sisig Sa Rada has successfully become the top-of-mind name when you mention sisig, particularly for those living and working in Makati and BGC.
In tandem with her husband, and supported by GrabFood, they were able to grow their business which is now a stable source of income for their family.
Despite the challenges that our mothers go through everyday, they never fail to treat their kids as if they were still babies, giving utmost care and support. These women, and all the mothers who work hard to support their families, deserve our recognition.
This Mother’s Day, our moms get to be the baby of our homes with special gifts and offers from Grab for a well-deserved break.
Let moms be the baby of our homes this Mother’s Day with these special gifts:
- GrabMart – Give your mom a leisurely break with GrabMart’s specially-curated bundles. In cooperation with GrabMart partners such as Family Mart, Freshmart, ASSI Fresh Plaza, ASSI Ceci, Great Deals E-commerce, Robinsons Supermarket, Barcino, Dog City and Fetch, you can now treat your mothers with special bundles for movie night, K-drama marathon, mighty moms, fur mommies, new mama and pamper kits. On top of the special bundles, customers can also get up to P200 off, use promo codes FORMAMA100 for P100 off min. P990 and FORMAMA200 for P200 off min. P1990 and send these special gifts so they can take a break on their special day!
- GrabFood – A day off from fussing in the kitchen, treat your mom with a sumptuous Mother’s Day feast by ordering from GrabFood! Use the promo code GFFORMAMA for free delivery on participating merchants.
- GrabPay – Spoil your mom because she deserves it! Get 20% OFF on ZALORA, P150 OFF on Flowerstore, and 10% OFF on BeautyMNL Gift Cards on Share Treats when you use promo code GPFORMAMA and checkout using GrabPay.
- GrabExpress – Check our partner online sellers in-app for unique gift ideas and get P50 off valid for 3x use on delivery if you use this promo code: GEFORMAMA. Get a curated gift box made especially for your mom!
- GrabRewards – Got some Grab points in your stash? Get discount vouchers from partners like iFlix, iWant, Lazada, BeautyMNL, Flowerstore.ph, Photobook and Flower Chimp to treat your moms.
As an everyday super app, Grab helps moms fulfill their day-to-day tasks as frontliners of our homes and lives. This Mother’s Day, it’s our turn to treat our moms with the break they deserve with the wide array of offers from Grab. To find out more about the Mother’s Day promos, check out https://www.grab.com/ph/blog/angbabyngbahay/.