Five months into 2018, how far have you come in reaching your fitness goals? If you're a little stuck or need a little motivation, here's something from our Cool Finds Giveaway series that will help you on your journey to a more active lifestyle.
About the Apple Watch Series 3
Not only does it track your workouts and coaches you to stay active, the Apple Watch Series 3 also keeps you up to date with notifications and messages, so you can stay connected.
Running on the new OS, the Apple Watch Series 3 has smart activity coaching, new workout features and an enhanced heart rate to monitor its user's resting heart rate, recovery, walking, breathing sessions and you can also get a notification for an elevated heart rate when you're at rest.
Just like the Apple Watch Series 2, the third generation Apple Watch is water resistant up to 50 meters, perfect for your swimming workouts or if you don't want to remove it while you shower. A new feature is the built-in barometric altimeter that's perfect for any outdoor activities like cycling or running uphill as it will track those challenging climbs or slopes.
With the OS update, the Music app automatically syncs your most-played songs or playlists to the Apple Watch so you can listen to them even when your iPhone is out of range or when there's no Wi-Fi. The new Radio app also lets you listen to Beats 1 live or any of the Apple Music featured radio stations. However, you'll be needing a Bluetooth headset to enjoy this feature.
My Apple Watch Series 3 Experience
I have strapped on my 42mm space gray aluminum model for almost a month now, and use it every day even when I'm sleeping; removing it only when getting in the shower or charging it.
Being a Fitbit user for two years and shifting to the Apple Watch, I've only encountered two issues: its battery life and the ability to automatically track sleep. My Fitbit Blaze can last up to five days while my Apple Watch Series 3 needs to be plugged in every two days. As for sleep tracking, I found an app called Sleep++ which rolled out an update where it can now automatically monitor the duration and quality of your sleep.
Other than those two issues, I enjoy its performance when it comes to tracking my activities. I exercise two to three times a week where I successfully close all the rings on the Activity app. There's even an achievement tab where you can get rewards depending if you have reached your goals and another tab where you can easily see your friends' progress.
Besides the health and fitness aspect of the Apple Watch, I like that I get notifications from my most used apps and that I can directly reply to messages using the watch and answer phone calls – making sure I don't miss anything important.
How to win an Apple Watch Series 3
To join our Cool Finds Giveaway for the Apple Watch Series 3, all you have to do is Love Tag your favorite restaurants on ClickTheCity. (See Mechanics below.)
Series 3 (GPS) Features
- Silver aluminum case
- Built-in GPS and GLONASS
- Faster dual-core processor
- W2 chip
- Barometric altimeter
- Capacity 8GB
- Heart rate sensor
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Water resistant 50 meters
- Ion-X strengthened glass
- Composite back
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
- watchOS 4
- Case Weight:
- To earn one raffle entry, “Love Tag” your favorite restaurant/s on ClickTheCity (website, mobile site or app).
- To Love Tag, search for your favorite restaurant, click or tap the heart icon, select at least one Love Tag, then click Done. Optionally, you can enter the dishes that you like and/or submit a review. You can check your Love Tag posts here.
- If the restaurant is not on our list, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or you can submit here.
- Although you can Love Tag as many restaurants as you like, you can only earn a maximum of three raffle entries.
- Each participant is encouraged to use only one valid ClickTheCity account, users with multiple account registrations used in this promo will be disqualified.
- Promo starts on May 4, 2018, and ends on June 30, 2018. No raffle entries will be generated for "Love Tags" submitted before and after these dates.
- Raffle entries will be automatically generated right after the promo.
- One (1) lucky winner of Apple Watch Series 3 with a valid online entry will be randomly selected and will be notified by e-mail.
- A participant can win only once for the duration of the promo.
- Winners should claim their prizes, or at least should have made an arrangement with us, within the specified dates indicated in the e-mail notification, otherwise, these would be forfeited in favor of Surf Shop, Inc. (details to be emailed to winners).
- For winners outside Metro Manila, you can opt to request (in writing) to have your prize sent to you via courier.
- Winners must present valid ID and copy of the e-mail notification letter upon claiming the prize.
- All winners below 18 years of age need to be with their legal guardian to claim the prize. Both the minor and the parent/guardian should present valid identification.
- Prizes are not transferable, not exchangeable for, or convertible into cash, credit, or other goods and services.
- Surf Shop, Inc. is not responsible for lost or delayed e-mail.
- Surf Shop, Inc. is not responsible for lost, delayed, or damaged prize if winner requested it to be sent via postal mail.
- NOTE: This contest is only open to residents of the PHILIPPINES.
- Surf Shop, Inc. employees and their relatives up to the third degree of consanguinity are not qualified to join this promo.