Spotify today unveils its 2022 Wrapped campaign — announcing the top artists, albums, songs, playlists and podcasts that showcase the vibrant kaleidoscope of more than 456 million listeners around the world. Spotify users can also find their personalized Wrapped experience, with the latest features that celebrate how they soundtracked their year.
Globally, Bad Bunny, Taylor Swift and Drake topped the Wrapped lists across most-streamed album, track and artist. For the third year in a row, Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny took the number one spot for most-streamed artist globally, with more than 18.5 billion streams this year.
Closer to home, FIlipinos are taking their Wrapped results local.
Outranking global hits, NOBITA’s Ikaw Lang is the most streamed track in the Philippines, followed by Arthur Nery’s Pagsamo (#2), Adie’s Paraluman (#3),Zack Tabudlo’s Pano (#4) and Arthur Nery’s Isa lang (#5). Listeners are feeling all the hugot this year, where Pinoy love songs take center stage, even beating out Troye Sivan’s Angel Baby (#6) and Justin Bieber’s Ghost (#11).
Jaeson, Mark, Roman, Sam and Richmond of NOBITA thank their ‘Nobibis’ who helped put them on top, “We are truly honored to be part of Spotify’s Wrapped Top Lists this year and be recognized alongside other great Pinoy artists. Undeniably, our fans had been a huge part of this but we’re also grateful for Spotify’s untiring support to our music and its clear vision for their artists. Like most artists, we’re also eager to see our band’s Wrapped and see what we have done throughout 2022 as musicians.”
Clinching five out of the top ten spots in this year’s Top Artists are Pinoys, and breaking through the list is Zack Tabudlo, who secured the #3 spot and emerged as this year’s Top Local Artist. Pulling listeners into his own cinematic universe, Tabudlo’s cathartic “Episode” album is also the second most streamed album in the country. Ben&Ben proved themselves to be a mainstay among the local favorites as they maintained their fourth place from 2021 and kept a spot in the top list for the fourth consecutive year.
“We are thrilled to see that Filipino artists have continued to shine on the local stage, as seen on 2022’s Spotify Wrapped results. This shows that the Philippines are increasingly listening to and supporting their homegrown talent, and we have seen an almost 50% increase in streams of local music the past year” said Kossy Ng, Head of Music, Spotify Asia. “We’re excited to continue working closely with local musicians and pave the way for more aspiring artists to flourish on the platform.”
Spotify’s RADAR program, an initiative to support emerging artists, has enabled new local artists and tracks to be added to the daily soundtrack of Filipinos’ lives. Other emerging artists like P-Pop groups, BGYO and BINI, are amongst the Top RADAR Philippines Artists, alongside Adie.
It has been another stellar year for podcasts in the Philippines, as Spotify continued to launch Exclusive and Original content with a slate of Filipino podcasting talent. Pinoy creators reign in this year’s Top Podcasts. Intimate sharing of life stories and advice are a hit among Filipinos with Barangay Love Stories, Spotify Exclusive skypodcast, Dear MOR: The Podcast, and Spotify Original Hugot Marcelo taking up the top four spots. Comedic conversations also resonate among locals, with Spotify Exclusive Punchline with Alex Calleja taking up the fifth spot.
“Our Spotify Exclusive skypodcast is our first collaboration together as a couple, and it had been truly amazing to receive overwhelming support from our #skyfam. Podcasting has enabled us to talk in-depth about intimate topics. It’s even been a real help for our relationship as we’re able to spend time together and discuss things we normally wouldn’t. Being part of Spotify’s Wrapped Top Lists inspires us to keep growing as individuals so we can keep sharing new ideas to our listeners.” shares Kryz Uy of skypodcast.
Starting today, eligible users can also access their personalized 2022 Wrapped experience exclusively in their updated Spotify mobile app (iOS and Android). All about self-expression and play, here’s what to look out for:
- New Data Stories to Express Your Year in Audio: In addition to your top artists, genres, songs, podcasts and minutes listened, Your Listening Personality is a new feature that not only tells you about the music you listen to but what that says about your music taste. We’ll tell you which of 16 different Spotify-created Listening Personality types you are, based on your 2022 listening trends. Additionally, Audio Day is an interactive story that gives you a peek into how your music taste evolves throughout the day.
- Share More: Fans can now share their Wrapped cards on Instagram and Facebook, along with custom Wrapped-themed GIFs.
- Spotify is bringing Wrapped Playground to the Philippines: Between 10-11 December, Filipinos are invited to come to play at SM Mall of Asia (MoA). Experience different exciting activities and catch none other than BINI and BGYO!
- Your Artist Messages: This year, we’ve expanded to include messages from more than 40,000 artists like Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, J Balvin, Måneskin and more. With Your Artist Messages, eligible fans will get a personalized video feed with thank you messages from some of their top artists in 2022, with each video followed up by your most listened song from that artist this year.
- Spotify Camp Nou Takeover: As a part of the first-of-its-kind partnership between Spotify and FC Barcelona, fans can also find 2022 Wrapped videos on social from some of their favorite players, including Robert Lewandowski, Alexia Putellas, Pedri, and Ansu Fati.
- Taking Wrapped into Roblox: To celebrate Wrapped and the artists that soundtracked the year, we’ll be taking over the Spotify Island mainland with Wrapped-inspired quests, games, virtual merch, and photo booth opportunities with 12 different artists including: Bizarrap, Black Sherif, CRO, Doechii, Eslabon Armado, Miranda Lambert, NIKI, Stray Kids, SUNMI and Tove Lo.
Spotify 2022 Wrapped Philippines Top Lists
Philippines Top Artists
Philippines Top Female Artists
Philippines Top Male Artists
Philippines Top Groups
Philippines Top Albums
- Proof, BTS
- Episode, Zack Tabudlo
- Red (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift
- SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo
- Midnights, Taylor Swift
Philippines Top Tracks
Philippines Top Local Artist
Philippines Top Local Tracks
Philippines Top Spotify Playlists
Philippines Top Podcasts
Philippines Top Podcast Genres
- Love & Relationships
- Pop Culture
- Horror & Paranormal
Spotify 2022 Wrapped Global Top Lists
Most-Streamed Artists Globally
Most-Streamed Songs Globally
- “As It Was” by Harry Styles
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “STAY (with Justin Bieber)” by The Kid LAROI
- “Me Porto Bonito” by Bad Bunny feat. Chencho Corleone
- “Tití Me Preguntó” by Bad Bunny
Most-Streamed Albums Globally
- Un Verano Sin Ti, Bad Bunny
- Harry’s House, Harry Styles
- SOUR, Olivia Rodrigo
- =, Ed Sheeran
- Planet Her, Doja Cat
Most Popular Podcasts Globally
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Call Her Daddy
- Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain
- Caso 63 (All Languages)
- Crime Junkie
Most Shared Lyrics Globally
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “Heather” by Conan Gray
- “I Love You So” by The Walters
- “Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey
- “Somewhere Only We Know” by Keane
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music.
Discover, manage, and share over 80 million tracks and 4.7 million podcast titles, for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including improved sound quality and an on-demand, offline, and ad-free music listening experience.
Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 456 million users, including 195 million Spotify Premium subscribers, across 183 markets. We are also the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.