If there’s one thing people have been busy with this community quarantine, it’s cooking and baking. In My Kitchen is a new series that will be showcasing different personalities in different industries, in their kitchen sharing their favorite dish.
In this episode, GMA Artist Center’s Chef Jose Sarasola shares his Beef Caldereta recipe. He puts a twist on the classic caldereta by using coconut milk and peanut butter. “It’s also good to try different twists of classic recipes for your family or your kids to enjoy. Always try something new at home,” says Chef Jose Sarasola.
Beef Caldereta Ingredients:
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, minced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Tomato sauce
- Beef, caldereta cut
- Beef stock
- Potatoes, cubed
- Coconut milk
- Red and green bell pepper
- Peanut butter
- Chopped chili, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Beef Caldereta:
- Sautee garlic and onion.
- Season your beef with salt and pepper before putting it in the pot to brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beef stock. Let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add the potatoes and let them boil with the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk and mix it well.
- Add the red and green bell pepper.
- Mix in the peanut butter and chopped chili and make sure it is well incorporated.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Connect with us. What other recipes do you want to see?