If there’s one thing people have been busy with this community quarantine, it’s cooking and baking. In My Kitchen is a special series that will be showcasing different personalities in different industries, in their kitchen sharing their favorite dish.
In this episode, Chef Edward Bugia shares a simple Roasted Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich you can easily prepare at home. He uses sourdough bread from John Dough, a company he is a part of. Chef Ed has been in the industry for quite a while now; he is the Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Mimi and Bros, Bean and Yolk, BRGR: The Burger Project, and Pino Group of Restaurants.
Chef Ed reveals that this recipe calls for very simple ingredients and that it’s all about the technique you’re using. There are only six ingredients but each bite is packed with an assortment of flavors.
Grilled Cheese-Chicken Sandwich Ingredients:
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Sliced bread
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Roasted Chicken, sliced
- Sarsa (roasted chicken sauce))
How to make Grilled Cheese-Chicken Sandwich:
- Mix 1 part Japanese mayonnaise and 1 part of Sarsa.
- To assemble, place one slice of bread and slather some of your mayo-sarsa combination.
- Put cheese on the first layer and follow with the sliced roasted chicken.
- Slather more of the mayo-sarsa combination on the second slice of bread.
- Put a good amount of butter on a cold pan over low-medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, carefully place your sandwich.
- Give your sandwich a press and spin it around the pan.
- Once the bottom part of the sandwich achieves a golden brown color, flip and repeat the process.
- When both sides have a golden brown color, transfer to a chopping board, and slice diagonally.
- For a cheese pull, rest the sandwich for a bit and enjoy!
Connect with us. Who do you want to see next?