Last week, Embassy of France launched Goût de France at the Champagne Room of the Manila Hotel. Once a year on March 21st, the world celebrates the biggest event to French gastronomy -- Goût de France ('Good France' in English).
For 2019, it will be Philippines' fifth year to participate in these à la française feasts, and for those who have been religiously following this annual food celebration, the embassy promises a grander offering: we get the biggest lineup of food and chefs participating this March 21, 2019 for the biggest French feast all over the world.
So save the date and say oui to all the delicious flavors of France (along with the rest of the world) at the fifth edition of Goût de France in the Philippines! Here are the 27 chefs and their participating establishments preparing special menus for the occasion! This year’s lineup of participants represents haute cuisine, bistros, culinary schools, and hotels and resorts:
- Chef Jacq Tan of Apero and Duck & Buvette
- Chef Ariel Manuel of Bistro Manuel
- Chef Didier Derouet of Café Adriana by Hill Station (Baguio City)
- Chef Gene Gonzalez of Café Ysabel
- Chef Konrad Walter of The Manila Hotel’s Champagne Room
- Chef Vicky Pacheco of Chateau 1771
- Chef Jessie Sincioco of Chef Jessie Rockwell Club
- Chef David Olyver Virrey of Eiffel Kubo (Malaybalay City)
- Chef Armand Lafare of Element Boutique Hotel
- Chef Martin Kaspar of L'Entrecôte Manila
- Chef Bruno Tirel of L'Epicerie Gourmande
- Chef Waya Araos-Wijangco of Gourmet Gypsy Art Café
- Chef Robert Lilja of Maria Luisa's Garden Room
- Chef Clément Damotte of La Mère Poulard Manila
- Chef John Louie Gonzaga of Milagritos Restaurant of TRYP Hotel by Wyndham
- Chef Hervé Clair of Raffles Makati’s Mirèio
- Chef Trish Panlilio of Mulberry Door
- Chef Glenda Maupin of Petit Bistro
- Chef Justin Baradas of Enderun Colleges’ Restaurant 101
- Chef Marc Aubry of Sagana French Bistro
- Chef Jonathan Bouthiaux of Anya Resort Tagaytay’s Samira
- Chef Cocoy Ventura of SGD Coffee Roastery
- Chef Julien Cossé of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila’s Spiral Manila
- Chef Patrice Freuslon of Tauro Pintxos, Tapas, Wine Bar
- Chef Menoy Gimenez of Tito Chef Restaurant
- Chef Pierre Cornelis of Vatel Restaurant Manila
- Chef Richard Amado of La Vie Parisienne and La Vie in the Sky (Cebu City)
Each Chef has helmed a special set menu for the occasion, featuring their take on French cuisine and dishes that they created just for Goût de France this March 21 -- making this food event a very limited time affair. Reservations are highly recommended. So there's really a lot of restaurants to choose from and visit, and here's a peek into some of the dishes in store for you:
To take part in the celebration, guests are invited to reserve ahead on their restaurant of choice by directly contacting any of the participating restaurants in Metro Manila, Tagaytay, Baguio City, Cebu City, and Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
For more information on the participating restaurants and their respective menus, visit http://restaurateurs.goodfrance.com/en/participating-restaurants. For more Goût de France news and updates, follow the French Embassy on Facebook (/FrenchEmbassyManila), Twitter (@FrenchEmbassyPH), and Instagram (@FrenchEmbassyPH).