Barrio Fiesta RestaurantFilipino
(+63 2) 935-4492
- SpecialtiesCrispy Pata and Kare-Kare
- BudgetP200 - P499
- PaymentCredit Card
- WebsiteBarrio Fiesta Restaurant
- ProfileSixta Evangelista Ongpauco was a food lover, a great cook and a woman of sound business sense. Mama Chit, as she was affectionately called, loved to cook for her friends at her home on Highway 54 in Caloocan. In 1958, Mama Chit officially opened her home as Barrio Fiesta, one of the country's first fine dining restaurants.
Mama Chit's special way of preparing pork knuckles or pata, coupled with her son Rodolfo's innovation of frying the pork until perfectly crisp, was how the Crispy Pata was invented. Paired with the Filipino specialty Kare-Kare, Barrio Fiesta's specialty drew crowds to the first of many restaurants Mama Chit and her family would establish.
With the help of her eight children, Mama Chit expanded Barrio Fiesta to numerous branches nation-wide and in other countries. Corazon Ongpauco Tamayo heads the Barrio Fiesta Greenhills Group which currently owns and manages Barrio Fiesta on EDSA (Greenhills) and in Dela Rosa Carpark 2 in Makati. It also owns and manages Good Mixes by Barrio Fiesta in Valero Carpark 2 in Makati, serving a spin on Filipino favorites at more affordable prices.
Barrio Fiesta Greenhills also owns and manages Fiesta International Catering Services, a full-service catering company that offers an array of international cuisines, elegant dining set-ups and good value for money.
- Rip Curl introduces the 'world's first GPS surf watch' in Tech
- New Twitter profile page now available to everyone in Tech
- Sandbox at Alviera: A Playground in Pampanga for Kids and the Kids-at-heart in Travel
- 4 ways to automatically backup your smartphone photos in Tech
- Most Revered Monster 'Godzilla' Rises in Epic Film in Movies
- Third Trailer of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Revealed in Movies
- Teaser Trailer for Teen Romance "If I Stay" Arrives in Movies
- Around the World in 22 dishes at VYNE in Food & Drink
- Meshwe: Lebanese Food as It Should Be in Food & Drink
- 'The Blackboard by Chef Michel' Teaches 3 Lessons in Food Appreciation in Food & Drink