Barrio Fiesta RestaurantFilipino
(+63 2) 935-4492
- SpecialtiesCrispy Pata and Kare-Kare
- BudgetP200 - P499
- PaymentCredit Card
- WebsiteBarrio Fiesta Restaurant
- ProfileSixta Evangelista Ongpauco was a food lover, a great cook and a woman of sound business sense. Mama Chit, as she was affectionately called, loved to cook for her friends at her home on Highway 54 in Caloocan. In 1958, Mama Chit officially opened her home as Barrio Fiesta, one of the country's first fine dining restaurants.
Mama Chit's special way of preparing pork knuckles or pata, coupled with her son Rodolfo's innovation of frying the pork until perfectly crisp, was how the Crispy Pata was invented. Paired with the Filipino specialty Kare-Kare, Barrio Fiesta's specialty drew crowds to the first of many restaurants Mama Chit and her family would establish.
With the help of her eight children, Mama Chit expanded Barrio Fiesta to numerous branches nation-wide and in other countries. Corazon Ongpauco Tamayo heads the Barrio Fiesta Greenhills Group which currently owns and manages Barrio Fiesta on EDSA (Greenhills) and in Dela Rosa Carpark 2 in Makati. It also owns and manages Good Mixes by Barrio Fiesta in Valero Carpark 2 in Makati, serving a spin on Filipino favorites at more affordable prices.
Barrio Fiesta Greenhills also owns and manages Fiesta International Catering Services, a full-service catering company that offers an array of international cuisines, elegant dining set-ups and good value for money.
- Eat and Drink: Your Guide to Restaurants in Capitol Commons in Food & Drink
- A Guide To The 8th International Silent Film Festival in Movies
- Teaser Poster Arrives for "Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends" in Movies
- Evil Doll "Annabelle" Conjures Main Trailer in Movies
- A la Mode Overload: 11 Restaurants with Drool-Worthy Desserts Topped with Ice Cream in Food & Drink
- Sneak Peek: What to look forward to in Teddy’s Bigger Burger in Food & Drink
- 7 apps for FREE music streaming in Tech
- Engaging Breakthrough Visuals And Story In "The Book Of Life" in Movies
- New Branch, New Look: Sentro 1771 Capitol Commons Unveils Modern Restaurant Ambiance in Food & Drink
- At Its Best, 'Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno' Wrangles Chaos Into a Watchable Form in Movies