Walt Disney has announced its upcoming Disney+ Day to celebrate the streaming service’s second anniversary. Happening this November 12, the global celebration is set to treat subscribers with new content releases across their iconic brands: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
Subscribers will also have access to Disney’s other promotions and deals on Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, and shopDisney.com.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Alongside this announcement, Disney also revealed that their expansion in the Asia-Pacific will start rolling out on the same day. Disney+ will be available in Taiwan and South Korea on November 12, and in Hongkong on November 16. With the streaming service arriving in more Asian countries, Filipinos can also look forward to Disney+ being available here soon.
Meanwhile, the streaming service has prepared an exciting lineup for its current subscribers. Check them out below:
- Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings premieres on the streaming service.
- Jungle Cruise becomes available to all subscribers.
- Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone will reimagine the famous holiday franchise.
- Original series of shorts, Olaf Presents,will feature Frozen‘s snowman retelling classic Disney tales.
- Debut of fan favorite shorts such as Frozen Fever, Feast, Paperman, and Get A Horse!
- Animated short film Ciao Alberto, featuring the characters of Luca.
- The Simpsons short that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes of National Geographic’s The World According to Jeff Goldblum season 2.
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett.
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future.
- The original series Dopesick starring Michael Keaton.
For more Disney news and updates, visit their website at www.disney.ph.