Metro Manila is still under General Community Quarantine, with its next quarantine category to be determined on July 15. Meanwhile, other cities and provinces have already shifted into Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
If you’re wondering what rules have been set for the MGCQ, here’s a quick list based on the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) Omnibus Guidelines amended as of June 3.
Exercise & Entertainment
- Indoor and outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of exercise including walking, jogging, running, biking, golf, swimming, tennis, badminton, and skateboarding are allowed. The wearing of masks and social distancing must still be observed.
- Mass gatherings including movie screenings, concerts, sporting events, and other entertainment activities can resume with only 50% capacity of the venue.
Dining & Other Services
- Dine-in restaurants and other food establishments including supermarkets and groceries can operate with 50% seating capacity.
- Salons, barber shops, and other personal care service establishments can operate with 50% venue capacity.
- Hotels and other accommodation establishments may operate with the authorization of DOT and DILG.
- Religious services can resume with only 50% capacity of the venue.
Work & Schooling
- Limited face-to-face classes can push through in higher education institutions (HEIs). The guidelines prohibit activities that require the mass gathering of students.
- Work in all public and private offices can resume at full operating capacity. Employers shall make alternative work arrangements for the high risk groups*.
- Work conferences can resume with only 50% capacity of the venue.
*High risk groups: People who are sixty (60) years old and
above; those with immunodeficiency, comorbidity, or other health risks; and pregnant women.
Take note that MGCQ has been divided into two categories: areas that are “low risk” and those that require “strict local action” which may implement zoning and localized community quarantine. Thus, local governments may put stricter guidelines in select areas. See which areas are under ECQ, GCQ, and MGCQ on this list from GMA News.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, Jr. also announced movement restrictions for high risk groups on MGCQ areas in this report from The Manila Times.
For a full list of guidelines for MGCQ, view and download the official Community Quarantine guidelines in PDF here.