With the start of a new year comes twelve new months of getting new artists, albums, and singles to dominate our playlists and charts. To start, we've got Bruno Mars' remix of Finesseand and Justin Timberlake's Filthymaking our January extra funky.
But before we look forward to even more new music this 2018, why don't we take it back -- way back -- to 2008? Let's rewind a decade ago and listen to eight songs that ruled our world. Yup, we can't believe these songs are that old, either.
Which one of these eight songs released in 2008 was your ultimate anthem?
1. Taylor Swift - Love Story Taylor's sweet voice gives the star-crossed couple Romeo and Juliet a happier ending.
2. Coldplay - Viva La Vida Who else got goosebumps and #allthefeels when Coldplay finally performed this song in Manila last year?!
3. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours It's just one of those catchy feel-good songs you can't help but love -- in fact, it's Jason Mraz's most successful single up until now!
4. Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown - No Air Jordin Sparks was fresh from her American Idon win in 2007 as she rose the charts with this duet released in 2008.
5. Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl We could definitely blame this song if there was a spike in cherry Chapstick sales. Katy Perry is also returning this year for the Manila leg of "Witness: The Tour!"
6. Ne-Yo - Closer This catchy dance/R&B single from Ne-Yo proves that we weren't 'So Sick' at all after his 2006 debut album. 'Closer' made it to the 100 Best Songs of 2008 list of Rolling Stone magazine.
7. Rihanna - Disturbia Good girl gone bad RiRi definitely gave us one of the most sizzling songs of 2008, getting us all hooked at its first few seconds of sick and bouncy beats.
8. The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved We love The Script so much, and they love us back too. In fact, we're one of their favorite tour destinations (they said so themselves!) -- that this 2018 the Irish band is returning for the fourth time in Manila for the Freedom Child Tour. It's amazing how this single from their debut album still resonates with us to this day. It's turning ten years old this year, but we'll never get tired of listening to it.
Didn't see your fave old school hits on the list? Share with us your top songs from 2008 in the comments section!