Now with two branches in the metro, The Burger Joint takes their signature 'smashed' burger to BGC at the newest outlet located in SM Aura's Food on Four.
We're pretty spoilt for choice when it comes to burgers in the metro, with affordable fastfood chains and luxurious restaurants offering many versions of this classic beefy sandwich, so The Burger Joint twists it a little bit and gets playful with offerings to make their burgers stand out. All burger patties at The Burger Joint are pure beefy goodness — no extenders nor binders are used. They make their beef patties a little different here by using a smashing method, cooking the burger and searing it by smashing both sides — this gives it a charred and crusty outside while still holding the burger's form.
Hungry? Sink your teeth into these five burger-loaded dishes when comfort food cravings hit you hard.
1. Juicy Lucy Burger (P299): It's said that this classic burger invention was born in the 1920s, the iconic American burger stuffed with cheese right in the center of thepatty. At The Burger Joint, their half pounder smashed patty is stuffed with cheese, coated in cheese, then topped with bacon and veggies.
2. Beef Burgerrito (P199): If you want to change it up a bit, have their burger as a burrito. This Tex-Mex spin takes 1/4 premium beef and crumbles it into smaller pieces, and is joined by chili con carne, flavored rice, lettuce, grilled onions, watermelon salsa and sour cream. It's extra zesty, and the side of nachos with salsa makes it extra filling.
3. WTF?! Burger (P329): This burger's name definitely fits the 'WTF' expression, because it looks like a crazy mouthful to conquer. It's a half pounder of a beast–2 quarter pound angus patties alternating with two bacon slices, and double the cheese. Adding even more heft to this sandwich is a beer battered tomato slab, potato chips (yes, inside that sandwich!), and a generous drizzle of garlic aioli. Perfect for the very hungry carnivore.
4. Patty Steak with Rice (P169): Sometimes you just have to have rice with a burger — it's the Filipino in us, and isn't a burger steak with rice drenched in gravy just one of the most comforting dishes we grew up eating? At The Burger Joint, their version is a 1/4 premium beef patty topped on rice served on mushroom gravy. A chargrilled onion slab tops the patty. You can even add a sunny side up egg for P30.
5. Tri-cheese Bacon Pattymelt (P249): It's your classic grilled cheese sandwich invaded by a quarter pounder beef patty. The Burger Joint's soft and fluffy burger buns are replaced with homemade rye bread, and melding the beef, bacon, and grilled onions together is a trio of gooey cheeses — American cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella. A personal favorite.
Must-try: Don't forget to order the Loaded Nachos (P179) to pair with the burger dish of your choice! It's got a refreshing, midly sweet spin to it because the tortilla chips are topped with their signature watermelon salsa instead of the usual tomatoes, along with chili con carne, sour cream, cheese, lime vinaigrette, and chili slices. One order is great for sharing, and its savory tumbles of toppings make each crunchy bite so addicting.
The Burger Joint is now open at Food on Four, SM Aura Premier, Taguig; visit their other branch located at SM Supercenter, Pasig. Like The Burger Joint on Facebook and Instagram (theburgerjointph).