Ping Pong Diplomacy, the 'progressively Asian' restaurant known for playful flavor punches and bold new takes on American Chinese food has recently rolled out delicious stuff that are a good mix of fun and healthy.
Ping Pong Diplomacy opened just February of this year, but is still continuing on improving their food selection, balancing their menu of unabashedly bold and bastardized Asian favorites with sleeker, subtler dishes, and even healthier options. The culinary team behind the food (Chefs Him Uy de Baron, Noel Mauricio, Miko Aspiras, and Kristine Lotilla) has recently rolled out new items to rekindle excitement of old customers and to deliciously introduce their unique food concept to new guests.
Grab your chopsticks and secure that order of extra rice, as here are six from their their new food lineup that you should try in Ping Pong Diplomacy:
1. Chopsuey (P325): not your typical chopsuey, this take is chunkier, with the big cuts of vegetables grilled to give it a nice smokey finish. It's also not swimming in too much chop suey sauce, letting the crisp veggies stand out.
2. Cold Shrimp Salad (P320): Chef Him's dish from the 2016 Madrid Fusion Manila regional lunch is revived in this amazing cold appetizer. This time around, it is a cold shrimp salad with coconut dressing, crab fat ice cream, and Szechuan puffed rice. Incredibly refreshing and a different kind of delicious!
3. Lump Crab Scallion Oil Noodles (P585): if you want to scarf down your noodles without too much guilt, order this one instead of your usual explosive Spicy Chickpea Noodles. This crabmeat noodle dish is simple, well-balanced, and clean, finished with ginger scallion oil and spring onions. If you shy away from spicy noodles, then this one's a safe yet tasty pick.
4. Sesame Beef and Broccoli (P875): your staple order in Chinese restaurants is supersized into a steak! Beef and broccoli becomes a mouthwatering entree at Ping Pong Diplomacy, the sliced tender pieces of black angus steak swimming in sesame beef sauce, and served with grilled broccoli and marbled potatoes.
5. Steamed Sea Bass (P1,400): While this seafood item requires more bucks from you, you'll definitely get your money's worth. The big piece of seabass is steamed perfectly, making every bite succulent and juicy. Its combination of ginger soy and garlic sauce is well balanced, and inclined to make you crave for some white rice (so go ahead and order some).
6. Original Egg Tart (P80): It's all love for these tarts — Ping Pong Diplomacy's ode to the Macau delicacy is incredible when you have the golden treat freshly baked. Its mille-feuille pastry is flaky and delicately crisp, like biting into a croissant, and then it leads you to the warm, creamy center of egg custard. They sell these in boxes too, perfect to bring home and pop in the oven whenever you need to seek comfort in dessert.
Head to Ping Pong Diplomacy from Monday to Friday of this week to score yourself a delicious deal: Eight Peso Burgers! Their Oriental Burgers are up for grabs every 2pm from June 5 to 9, 2017. Only 50 burgers per day so better be early!
Ping Pong Diplomacy is located the 3rd floor of SM Aura in BGC, Taguig. The restaurant is open daily from 10am to 10pm. Follow Ping Pong Diplomacy on Facebook (@pingpongdiplomacyph) and Instagram (@pingpongdiplomacyph).