Meet Ferdie Javier. Or rather, Engineer Ferdie Javier.
Ferdie, who just recently passed the Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination, still isn't used to being addressed as an engineer. "It feels different when people affix 'engineer' prior your name," the young man gushed after he was introduced on stage.
Ferdie is a special guest at the recently-held launch of The Coffee and Tea Leaf's Giving Journal 2015. In a room full of media, Ferdie narrated his life's success story.
He was a second-year college student in the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) when he became a scholar of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and the Real LIFE Foundation. Through the foundation's financial support, as well as personal-development coaching, Ferdie was able to finish his studies at the university and pass the board examinations. "I am the first engineer in my family. In fact, I am the first engineer in our clan," Ferdie beamed.
Ferdie has been a scholar of Coffee Bean for three years, but it was only just last year that he got to taste their coffee. "In my perspective, the price of one cup of coffee is already my allowance for three days," he related. But that is going to change now that he has graduated and is about to start his engineering career.
Ferdie now has a bigger shot at life thanks to the Real Life Foundation and The Coffee and Tea Leaf.
Every year, in the months leading up to Christmas, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® releases its coveted Giving Journal around a holiday campaign benefiting the Real Life Foundation. The end goal is to utilize the journal as a means of sharing the company’s passion for giving, sharing, and community.
The 2015 Giving Journal comes in four colors
This year, the theme of the Giving Journal is to provide the inspiration to create overflows in one’s life. The journal was design to help its owner develop personal fulfillment & growth, establish strong relationships, and practice a joyful spirituality. The company believes that to give to others, one must first have something to give. Walden Chu, CEO of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® in the Philippines concludes, “The concept is very simple—it’s about reminding people that they can make a huge difference in their own and other people’s lives by growing to become the best version of themselves—to realize that their lives are brimming with opportunities to share and then prompt them to give back.”
This holiday season, it's so easy for many of us to get lost amidst the consumerism, and spend all our money on the things that make us happy. Albeit it's never wrong to reward ourselves for a year long of hard work, let us not forget people like Ferdie, who was given less than what we have (the boy can live for three days with the amount you spend on coffee!). If you're going to guzzle all the coffee you can this holiday season to collect stamps for a planner, might as well do it at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® and make someone else's dream come true.
How to Avail of the 2015 Giving Journal
1. A minimum single-receipt purchase of a regular or large sized Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based, or Tea-based Beverage, Frozen Swirl or CBTL™ capsules qualifies a customer to get a stamp card.
2. Each card consists of 12 circles with corresponding purchased drink/item assignments. These are as follows:
a. (1) Original Ice Blended® (any flavor, regular or large)
b. (1) Tea Latte (any flavor, regular or large)
c. (1) Espresso/Coffee-based Beverage (any flavor, double, regular or large)
d. (1) Holiday Featured Beverage (Winter Dream Tea Latte or Red Velvet, regular or large)
e. Any (8) Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based or Tea-based Beverages, or Frozen Swirl (any flavor, double, regular or large)
v (1) Box of CBTL™ capsules (any flavor) = 2 stamps
v (1) CBTL™ Single Serve Beverage System (Kaldi, Contata and or Desto) purchase automatically allows the customer to claim his/her 2015 Giving Journal
3. Stamp card must always be presented UPON PURCHASE so that a circle may be stamped whenever its corresponding product assignment is purchased.
4. Once all 12 circles are stamped and completed IN ONE STAMP CARD, customer will be able to claim The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® 2015 Giving Journal at any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® branch. Combining of stamps cards is not allowed.
5. The completed stamp card should be presented and surrendered to the branch where The Giving Journal will be claimed.
6. Not valid in conjunction with other promos.
7. Promo period is from October 25, 2014 to January 11, 2015.
8. Giving Journals may be claimed beginning October 25, 2014 until 60 days after the promo has ended.