The anime series Attack on Titan (AoT), or Shingeki no Kyojin in Japan, continues to keep fans at the edge of their seats with every new episode being released weekly.
As earlier announced, the on-going fourth season of the show will be the last; while the manga series’ final volume will be released this April 2021. Whatever the medium though, fans can only expect an emotional, nerve-racking, and (fingers crossed!) perfect ending for a story that is so beloved by many.
With Attack on Titan nearing its end, it might be nice to get to know more about it, from its conception to the little details that might have missed your radar. On this list, we’ve rounded up some spoiler-free fun facts you might not know about Attack on Titan and how its creator Hajime Isayama designed its world and characters.
1. 'Attack on Titan' started as a one-shot manga
2. AoT had a crossover with the Avengers!
3. The manga was inspired by a video game
4. Levi Ackerman is in his 30s
5. Eren's titan & the Armored Titan were modeled after real fighters
6. Hanji Zoe's gender is ambiguous
7. Levi was designed after Watchmen's Rorschach
8. There is an Attack on Titan theme park
9. There are light novels set in the AoT world
10. Isayama references 'Game of Thrones' & 'Breaking Bad' in his manga
Catch the latest episodes of Attack on Titan on Netflix.