Spotify, the world’s most popular audio streaming service, today announced a partnership with nine Filipino podcasts, making these must-listen shows available only and exclusively on Spotify. Available to Free and Premium users, the nine shows from some of the country’s top content creators make up part of the more than 1.5 million podcast titles available on Spotify. This announcement comes as Spotify continues to drive the explosive growth in Podcasts all around the globe alongside its commitment to connecting audiences with their next favorite creator.
Known and loved in the Philippines for its leading selection of music, Spotify’s growing catalog of podcasts includes genres such as comedy, chat, crime, horror, news and wellness. There is also exclusive content from some of the world’s biggest creators including Michelle Obama, Joe Rogan, Nas Daily and upcoming content from the likes of Kim Kardashian West, DC Comics and more. To cater to Filipino’s thirst for fresh, local audio content, Spotify’s newest Podcast Exclusives include, Adulting with Joyce Pring, Sleeping Pill With Inka, Wake Up With Jim and Saab, The KoolPals, Boiling Waters PH, The Eve’s Drop, Ask Say, Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast, and Walwal Sesh.
“We are thrilled to work with these top Filipino podcasters—storytellers in their own right—who deliver fresh perspectives and belong to a new generation of creators,” said Carl Zuzarte, Spotify Head of Studios for Southeast Asia. “We know that listening to audio content is a huge part of Filipinos’ everyday lives. And as Filipinos are looking for ways to be entertained, stay informed, and relax while spending more time at home, Podcasts can be the perfect companion.”
Zuzarte explains that these partnerships are just the beginning of Spotify’s plans for podcasts in the country. “We’re at the start of a long and exciting Podcast journey in the Philippines—a market ripe with storytellers. We are continuously looking for the best creators that can cater to diverse listener interests as we move into the next chapter of audio streaming in the country,” he said.
According to a recent survey that Spotify undertook with YouGov* in the Philippines, audio listening is a huge part of the everyday lives of Filipinos, with 85% of them tuning into some type of music or podcast content throughout the day. With 74% of Filipinos craving more time away from their screens, podcast listening can provide an ideal way to be entertained, informed or relaxed.
The nine exclusive podcasts can be accessed on Spotify now.
- Adulting with Joyce Pring: In her show, Joyce Pring shares tips and advice on adulting as a 20-something Filipino. Topics she discusses range from mental health to love, relationships, and other life learnings.
- Sleeping Pill With Inka: Voiced by Inka Magnaye, this ASMR-friendly audio show takes listeners through soothing readings of books and poems with the intention of easing one’s anxieties and helping people fall asleep.
- Wake Up With Jim and Saab: Hosted by celebrity couple Jim and Saab, the duo talks about their adventures as a married couple and new parents. Their conversations range from life musings to culture, music, and everything else in between.
- The KoolPals: A clever play on the colloquial term ‘kupal,’ The KoolPals is hosted by comedy trio GB Labrador, James Caraan, and Nonong Ballinan. Each episode tackles a range of pop culture topics while keeping that colorful Filipino humour alive.
- Boiling Waters PH: This series talks about relationships and romance—from courtship to heartbreak—with a side of humor and hugot memes. (Sawi much? ‘Yan kasi, ‘wag masyadong marupok.)
- The Eve’s Drop: Hosted by broadcast personalities and certified cool moms Delamar Arias, Francesca Tobias, and Gelli Victor, this is real women talk bringing the drama, questions, and truth to light.
- Ask Say: Influencer and body positivity advocate Say Tioco shares everything life has taught her about living independently, love, sex, relationships, career, travelling and more.
- Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast: Popular Filmmaker Antoinette Jadaone and spoken word artist Juan Miguel Severo chat about love, hugot, all things pop culture, what’s trending and more.
- Walwal Sesh: Join the hosts on conversations as they take on love, heartbreak, mental health, equality, sex and much more.