The entire country is grappling with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has affected the way people live, and relate with each other, in unprecedented ways. Through all this, the youth, facing the first pandemic of their generation, stand tall, and work together, as they build a better normal for the Philippines.
Steadfast in the belief that time is the currency of love, the Positive Youth Development Network (PYDN) launches Youth Hour 2020, with the support of UNICEF – Philippines, Council for the Welfare of Children, UNFPA, UNAIDS, UNFAO, National Youth Commission, Unilab Foundation, Ideas Positive, IPAC, Local Government Unit of Iloilo City, Province of Iloilo, and Sangguniang Kabataan Councils of Iloilo City, Iloilo Province and various organizations across the country.
In observance of the International Youth Day, YOUTH HOUR is a unified celebration of young people’s innate capabilities and potential as a vital social and economic force of the nation. Young people have played an indispensable role in nation-building especially in this time of COVID-19 pandemic. Youth Hour is a dedicated time for Filipinos to come together to show their love for and celebrate young people’s contributions to and sacrifices for nation-building.
What can you expect at Youth Hour 2020?
The Youth Hour 2020 will be celebrated nationally on August 12, 2020, from 12 NN to 01:00 PM. Over 500 youth organizations and private institutions will be conducting simultaneously their own online and offline activities in support of the event. Meanwhile, the official countdown will be held in Farm to Table Restaurant, Megaworld, Iloilo City.
- Nationwide online and offline activities for and by the youth
- Launching of the first-ever cooperation agreement between SK Federated President of Iloilo Province and Iloilo City in promoting meaningful youth participation and programming in the better normal
- Gather support for the proposed mental health ordinance of Iloilo City
- Showcasing the outcomes of youth organizations who implemented COVID-19 related projects, and
- Launching of the Youth Hour Commitment Video
How to Join Youth Hour 2020?
Organize a local event in your community and celebrate the young people’s contributions to nation-building.
- Organize a local event and celebrate the Youth Hour 2020 in your community following the COVID-19 safety guidelines and protocols. Register your activity here: https://bit.ly/YouthHourActivityRegistration
- Support the Youth Hour 2020 by printing the official shirt design and wear it on August 12, 2020. Check our official shirt design here: bit.ly/YouthHour2020OfficialShirt
- Listen to the #YouthHour Spotify playlist and share it with your friends. Check our playlist here: bit.ly/YouthHour2020SpotifyPlaylist
Promote Youth Hour in different forms of Media
- Support the Youth Hour 2020 by using our official hashtags: #YouthHour2020 #StrongerTogether
- Post an action photo of you with your family and friends on your social media accounts to support the Youth Hour 2020
- Template for youth: I am (nickname), (age) years old and I care about (insert your advocacy) then use the official hashtags.
- Template for advocates: I am (nickname), age, organization, role, I believe in the power of Filipino youth in building a better future for all.
- Change your profile picture using our Facebook frame and post an IG story using our Youth Hour Filter.
Make noise about Youth Hour 2020 through your advocacies and brands
- Promote your brand activities. Let everyone know that you’ll be having brand activities for Youth Hour 2020 by promoting your activity both online and offline.
- Share with us your Youth Hour 2020 stories. Capture moments from your Youth Hour 2020 celebration and share it with us!
- When uploading your photos, use hashtags #YouthHour2020 #StrongerTogether
- Tag us at @PYDNOfficial and be featured on our social media accounts.