The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) is now accepting applications for the Virgin Labfest 16 Writing Fellowship Program which will be held on November 16 – December 5, 2021.
The Virgin Labfest, an annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors produced by the CCP, Tanghalang Pilipino and the Writer’s Bloc has gained a reputation of producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays mostly which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature.
The Virgin Labfest 16 Writing Fellowship Program is a three-week mentorship program on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. The fellows will take part in lectures, discussions, and workshops on playwriting and script critiquing. They will also be given access to watch recordings of selected past festival plays, as well as the opportunity to participate in the talkback and interaction with known playwrights and directors. The Fellowship Program will culminate in a staged/ script reading of the fellows’ works on which will be streamed online via the CCP Facebook Page on December 4 and December 5, 2021.
To qualify, the applicant must:
1. be a college student or a young professional;
2. be 29 years old or below;
3. not have had any play produced by a professional theater company;
4. not have had any play published in a literary journal;
5. not have won in any national/ international playwriting/ screenwriting competition;
6. be able to submit the following requirements via the Application Form (Downloadable from this link: https://tinyurl.com/ApplicationVLF16WFP) which will require the following:
a. Basic Information
b. Writing Experience / Resume / Portfolio
c. Recent photo
d. One (1) to two (2) sample stage plays, full or excerpts, with the following requirements:
i. Written either in Filipino or English;
ii. In .pdf format (12 points, double-spaced, 8” x 11” paper);
iii. The maximum total number of pages of the submitted sample stage play(s) is 10 (whether one or two plays).
iv. The real name / identity of the applicant must not be written on any part of the sample work(s).
Get Our Newsletter
7. be present for the entire duration of the program, rehearsals and performance for the Culminating Showcase.
Only complete application requirements will be considered.
· Requirements must be received by 11:59PM, October 22, 2021
· Announcement of accepted applicants: November 5, 2021
A minimal registration fee of P1,850 will be required of all accepted fellows.
For inquiries on the Virgin Labfest 16 Writing Fellowship Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Virgin Labfest 16 Writing Fellowship Program is a project of the CCP Artist Training Division of the Arts Education Department.