The world’s biggest book sale returns to the Philippines, and this year, they’re going virtual. From June 30 to July 7, 2021, the Big Bad Wolf Online Book Sale Philippines 2021 will go live on its new e-commerce site: signup-ph.bbwbooks.com
What to Expect
Big Bad Wolf Book Sale was last seen huffing and puffing in Metro Manila on Valentine’s Day of 2020, which marked its third year in the Philippines. Going the online route this year allows Big Bad Wolf Book Sale to reach more Filipinos all over the country. There will no longer be physical constraints and limitation of storage space, as all the books going on sale will come directly from Malaysia!
- Over 60,000 titles to choose from — that’s about 3 to 4 times more than the volume of the previous Big Bad Wolf Book Sale events held in the Philippines!
- An 8-day Online Book Sale with an e-commerce site running 24 hours, offering nationwide shipping (not just limited to Metro Manila!). So yes, Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is still “The Book Sale That Never Sleeps!”
- A very user-friendly online shopping experience, where you can easily browse for books by genre or search by keyword(s), title, author, or ISBN number. Keep track of your favorite items by adding them to your wish list or add to your cart. The website will also display recommendations based on the customer’s interests.
- Discounts of up to 99% off the recommended retail price and a host of exciting promotions that are bound to thrill everyone no matter where they live in the Philippines.
- As usual, expect a wide range of book categories: from bestselling novels, science fiction, romance, literature and graphic novels to business books, self-help, architecture books, cookbooks, and more
- The Book Sale will offer a wide selection of children’s books, including picture books, activity books, coloring books, and interactive books
- Cashless/online payment options via Dragonpay and eGHL (which includes online banks, credit/debit cards, GrabPay, and GCash options)
- As your book haul is coming from the main Big Bad Wolf Books HQ in Malaysia, shipping time is 18-24 business days. Bookworms will only have to spend for local courier charges (no international shipping rates!) calculated by weight and shipping address
Aside from the huge price drops, Big Bad Wolf Book Sale will also run a social media contest from June 21 June to July 6, 2021. Follow Big Bad Wolf Book’s official Facebook page at facebook.com/bbwbooksphilippines and be on the lookout for “The Grand Wolfie Contest” — details and mechanics will be posted soon. You can have a chance to win e-Gift Cards, and the main two prizes of this contest is an Apple iPhone 12 and an Apple MacBook Air.
Here are the other promos that you can avail of when Big Bad Wolf Book Sale goes online:
- PHP 10 Book Deals – For a minimum purchase of PHP 1,800, buy an additional book for only PHP 10 from a selection of featured book titles.
- 5% Off Discount Coupon – For a minimum purchase of PHP 1,200, apply coupon code “BBWPH5%” upon checkout to get 5% off the total purchase.
- 10% Off Discount Coupon – For a minimum purchase of PHP 5,000, apply coupon code “BBWPH10%” upon checkout to get 10% off the total purchase.
- Little Hippo Books Promotion – Buy any two (2) Little Hippo books or puzzles for PHP 180. [valid only for Little Hippo collection, excluding Disney titles]
- Goosebumps Books Promotion – Buy any three (3) books from the Goosebumps Books collections for PHP 320. [valid for selected Goosebumps book title collection only]
- Horrible Histories Books Promotion – Buy any three (3) books from the Horrible Histories Books collection for PHP 320. [valid for selected Horrible Histories book title collection only]
- Rick Riordan Books Promotion – Buy any three (3) books from the Rick Riordan collection for PHP 460. [pay for two books and get the third book for free, which if of the lower price value]
- Free Shipping – Get free shipping with a minimum net spend of PHP 2,900 throughout the sale period applicable for deliveries within the Philippines only. [free shipping will be automatically applied during checkout]
*Note: Big Bad Wolf Books reserves the rights to amend the terms & conditions or cancel promotions without prior notice.
Staying True to its Mission
“During our first virtual launch in 2020, we were delighted to receive an overwhelmingly positive response from customers who were able to buy a whole lot of books they love without burning a hole in their pocket while also enjoying the convenience of having their purchases delivered safely to their homes,” shares Andrew Yap, Co-Founder of Big Bad Wolf Books. “Although we faced many challenges due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we remain persistent in catering to our fans in the Philippines by offering a bigger selection of our ever-growing inventory of book titles and genres that will be easily accessible nationwide through our e-commerce website.”
Get Our Newsletter
“We’ve always been warmly welcomed in the Philippines, and we’re thrilled to be able to come back virtually,” adds Jaqueline Ng, Co-Founder of Big Bad Wolf Books. “The current global situation has led us to commit to creating the best Online Book Sale shopping experience for everyone so that we may continue to pursue our core mission of spreading the joy and inculcate the habit of reading. In the future, once the pandemic dissipates and the world re-opens its borders, we certainly look forward to hosting more physical Book Sale in the Philippines.”