In case you missed stocking on fresh produce and other essentials over the weekend, you still have a chance to shop for everything you need at the last leg of the “Harvest to Goodness Weekend Market” at Eastwood Central Plaza in Eastwood City this July 24 to 26.
The project is an initiative by the Department of Agriculture (DA), in partnership with Megaworld Lifestyle Malls and non-profit group RestoPH. The project is aimed at providing a venue for farmers, fisherfolks, and Filipino-owned restaurants to showcase and market their products while giving the mall-going public access to a wide range of fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat products, and other food choices in a much safer shopping environment.
Aside from shopping at the venue yourself, you also have the luxury of having your purchased goods delivered right to your doorsteps via personal shopping service app MyKuya and pay cashless using PayMaya.
What’s more, you don’t have to physically go to the market to get the items you want. Over the weekend, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls posted the contact details of participating farmers on Eastwood City’s official Facebook page, Viber communities, and website. Shoppers can get in touch directly with the farmers and pre-order products, and then claim their goodies via a curbside pickup station at Eastwood Central Plaza. Cashless personal deliveries for food purchases from participating restaurants can also be made via LalaFood and Mr. Speedy.
After two consecutive weekends at Eastwood City, the market will be moving to Venice Grand Canal in McKinley Hill on July 31 to August 2, before heading to Uptown Bonifacio on August 7 – 9.
Here are 10 fantastic finds waiting for you at the Harvest to Goodness Weekend Market:
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables: Farmers from the provinces of Benguet, Baguio City, Bulacan, and Region IV-A provinces, including Quezon and Batangas, brought a wide array of fresh produce including bananas, avocados, watermelons, dragonfruit, eggplant, upo, squash, and more!
2. Thai milk tea from Mango Tree: Cool down a bit while you hop from one stall to another with this best-selling beverage from Mango Tree. You can even pair these with their signature grab-and-go meals that are also available at their booth near the entrance.
3. Boneless Dagupan Bangus (and other fresh seafood!): Grab this all-time breakfast favorite (and more!) at the venue! You can also choose from a wide array of fresh seafood finds, like tiger prawns, tilapia, espada, talakitok, and more.
4. Yummy flavored yogurt from Batangas: Keep your tummy happy with these refreshing dairy products from Batangas. These bottles come in a variety of flavors like mango, strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry.
5. Fresh strawberries from Baguio: Craving for the luscious strawberries all the way from the Philippines’ Summer Capital? Fret not and get your fix when you drop by the market this weekend.
6. Everything coconut!: From body soap to skimmed coconut milk, go loco over coco with a variety of coconut products at the market.
7. Fresh eggs from Bulacan: Organic eggs, chicken eggs, salted eggs… you name it. Whatever kind of egg keeps you going, you’re bound to find it here!
8. DIY Ramen from Menya Kokoro: Here’s one “DIY project” we can all get behind, bo questions asked.
9. Seedlings to start your mini-veggie farm: Start growing your own produce with these seed packs from the Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI). Each pack contains pechay, mustasa, and patola.
10. Cow Cow Ice Cream: No need to go far to taste heaven in your mouths with glorious ice cream cups from Tokyo Milk Cheese Factory.
To ensure the safety of shoppers and in compliance to the government’s directives, health and safety protocols such as mandatory temperature checks, footwear and hand sanitation, wearing of face masks, and strict observance of social distancing are implemented at the venue.
For more information, visit megaworld-lifestylemalls.com or call the Megaworld Lifestyle Malls Hotline at 8-462-8888. ###