Spotify just celebrated its one year anniversary of Spotify Lite, a small, fast, and simplified version of the platform’s unparalleled audio experience. Built from the ground up based on user feedback from all around the world, the app has allowed millions of listeners in areas with limited bandwidth and phone storage to enjoy audio wherever they are.
In the 12 months since launch, listeners around the world have enjoyed and discovered thousands of new artists and podcasts, while easily controlling their data and storage — with Spotify Lite requiring just 10MB of storage space when it came out of beta in 2019.
Now, Spotify brings more of what listeners love with an additional 15%* reduction of the Lite app’s download size. This saves even more phone space while offering more than 60 million tracks and 1.5 million podcasts, regardless of network connectivity, data plan or phone model — making it ideal for older devices and operating systems.
Here are some of the key listening trends on Spotify Lite:
- Since July 2019, we found that listeners in Brazil have listened to the most music using Lite across all 37 markets with the app.** They’re followed by Mexico, India, Indonesia, and Argentina.
- Even though some Lite users are, literally, on opposite sides of the world, they share some interesting listening patterns. Mondays and Sundays are the top days for streaming, and lunch is the most common time to listen to music and podcasts.
Top Tracks in the Philippines
Get Our Newsletter
- “Pagtingin”– Ben&Ben
- “Imahe” – Magnus Haven
- “Memories” – Maroon 5
- “Hindi Tayo Pwede” – The Juans
- “Zebbiana” – Skusta Clee
Top Podcasts in the Philippines
- Boiling Waters PH
- Adulting with Joyce Pring
- Get Sleepy: Sleep Meditation and Stories
- The Morning Rush
- TED Talks Daily
Global Top Tracks
- “Señorita” – Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes
- “Dance Monkey” – Tones And I
- “Tusa” – KAROL G, Nicki Minaj
- “China” – Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, J Balvin, KAROL G, Ozuna
- “LA CANCIÓN” – Bad Bunny, J Balvin
Global Top Podcasts
- PODKESMAS (PODCAST KESEHATAN MASYARAKAT)
- Rintik Sedu
- Do You See What I See?
- Kajian Hanan Attaki
The Spotify Lite app can be downloaded separately from the main Spotify app, and is available for both Free and Spotify Premium users. Spotify Lite can be used alongside or independently from the main Spotify app on all Android phones running version 4.3 or higher.