Story (11) Nail-biting Thriller (8) Amazing Visual Effects (3)
Years following the events of The Shining, a now-adult Dan Torrance meets a young girl with similar powers as he tries to protect her from a cult known as The True Knot who prey on children with powers to remain immortal.
If you loved The Haunting of Hill House and The Shining then you will definitely enjoy this movie. It has better character development than The Shining and it captures the feels (shots and sounds) of the original. It doesn’t rely on cheap scares; this is old school eerie and suspense. The plot is a fitting conclusion to the story that started in the Overlook hotel. Plus Ewan McGregor and Rebecca Fergusson did justice to their eccentric roles.
"Doctor Sleep" turned out into something I didn't expect as it went a different direction but gotten really satisfied. It's a worthy successor of "The Shining" that didn't disappoint at all. Glad I watched the original first as I appreciated this better and some little details made more sense. Hindi na sya horror movie but more like creepy fantasy thriller, good versus evil. Tunggalian ng mga intense psychics! McGregor is consistent as always but it's the beautiful Rebecca Ferguson as the leader of the True Knot stealing the show. One of the best disturbed villains ever! Jacob Tremblay had this one heartbreaking yet harrowing scene that I will never ever forget as it's too difficult to watch. Nakakapanghina ng tuhod! Huhuh.
- Character-driven story
- Rose the Hat & True Knot a group of villain meron story kung bakit nila ginawa dapat gawin
- Horror elements mostly galing sa characters - trauma/their actions/supernatural (not much sa entity)
- Not common horror movie since naka focus siya character than monster/ghost/haunted house lore
- Lastly - THAT ONE SCENE pwede mga yari In Real Life
- Wag mo expect ito like The Nun/Truth Dare/BirdBox