We're at the second half of 2019 already, but movie buffs are still in for a treat with all the exciting releasing that's happening in the coming months! Ready to mark your calendars?
Here are some of the must-watch films opening in cinemas until the end of the year:
Note: Release dates and movie lineup are subject to change without prior notice.
The second half of 2019 kicks off with the suspense thriller Ma and the action film Escape Plan, followed by the highly-anticipated The Lion King, which will be featuring the voices of Donald Glover, Beyonce Knowles, Seth Rogen, and more!
July ends with Hello, Love, Goodbye, which is Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards' first film together, telling the story of two OFWs based in Hong Kong.
- July 10: Ma
- July 10: Escape Plan 3
- July 17: The Lion King
- July 17: Haunted
- July 24: 0.0 MHZ
- July 24: Yesterday
- July 24: Midsommar
- July 31: Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw
- July 31: Buckout Road
- July 31: Hello, Love, Goodbye
Cinemalaya will be turning 15 this year, and with it comes an amazing set of competing and non-competing films which will be screening to the public nationwide!
BTS' newest film, Bring The Soul: The Movie will also screen for a limited time, and will be talking about their stories as they tour and perform in new cities all around the world. Those who are into suspense films, though, can wait for Ready or Not, which opens on August 28.
- August 7: Crawl
- August 7: Bring the Soul: The Movie
- August 7: The Art of Racing in the Rain
- August 7: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- August 14: Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- August 14: Divine Fury
- August 21: The Angry Birds Movie 2
- August 21: Stuber
- August 21: My Spy
- August 28: Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood
- August 28: Ready or Not
- August 28: Weathering With You
September will be seeing the premiere of Tolkien, which will be retelling the life of the famed writer, J.R.R Tolkien. IT: Chapter Two will also open in cinemas this month, and will be continuing the story of The Losers' Club who meets up again as adults to defeat Pennywise one last time.
The film adaptation of the book The Goldfinch, which stars Ansel Elgort, Sarah Paulson, and Finn Wolfhard also opens this month.
The Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino will also be happening this month, featuring 10 Filipino films showing in cinemas nationwide from September 13 to 19.
- September 4: Tolkien
- September 4: Playmobil
- September 5: IT: Chapter Two
- September 18: The Goldfinch
- September 19: Hustlers
- September 21: Bridges
- September: Ad Astra
Joker, a psychological thriller which stars Joaquin Phoenix and tells the story of Batman's archnemesis opens this month. Angelina Jolie will also be reprising her titular role in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which premieres on October 16.
Terminator: Dark Fate is set 27 years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and will be centering on a new modified liquid metal Terminator played by Gabriel Luna.
- October 2: The Woman in the Window
- October 2: Cleansing Hour
- October 3: Joker
- October 9: High Strung 2: Free Dance
- October 16: Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- October 16: My Soul To Keep
- October 23: Zombieland 2: Double Tap
- October 23: Torrance
- October 23: Paradise Hill
- October 30: Count Down
- October 30: Terminator: Dark Fate
In November, the reboot of Charlie's Angels will be premiering, and this will be starring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska. Elsa, Anna, Olaf, and the rest of everyone's favorite cast from Frozen will be returning for its sequel, which opens November 20.
- November 6: Midway
- November 13: Charlie's Angels
- November 13: Metamorphosis
- November 13: Ford V Ferrari
- November 20: Frozen 2
- November 20: Hell Girl
- November 20: The Good Liar
- November 27: Knives Out
- November 27: Doctor Sleep
Just like every year, the Metro Manila Film Festival will be happening again starting Christmas Day. Aside from the entries from the festival though, films like A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Jumanji: The Next Level will also be premiering early in the month.