Gong xi fa cai!
We’re a few days away from ushering in the Year of the Metal Ox! Just like every year, this big holiday is always best celebrated with a good and festive meal with the family.
Got no plans yet? we’re giving you a rundown of hotel dining deals worth checking out with the family for the Lunar New Year.
Check it out below:
Fairmont Makati’s lively casual dining outlet Spectrum, ushers in the Year of the Golden Ox with a choice of Chinese celebratory fare to be included in its daily “Buffet a la Minute” for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. From February 8 to 12, enjoy an array of curated regional specialties offered in a Chinese corner at the well-loved restaurant.
Enjoy Szechuan chicken, steamed fish with a light soy broth, the popular beef with broccoli and peppers, Chow Mien noodles with Bokchoy, and Shitake mushrooms, pork stuffed glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaves, and pork and vegetable spring rolls. To cap of the Chinese meal are sweets such as mango sago and Buchi. This includes refreshing Chinese Iced Tea. Spectrum’s Buffet a la minute is at P1,990 net person on Mondays and Tuesdays and P2,300 net per person on Wednesdays to Fridays.
Get Our Newsletter
Pre-payment is required for the Chinese New Year Brunch. Prices are inclusive of service charge and applicable government charges. For more information and reservations, please call 7795 1840 or email email@example.com.
Ushering in the Lunar New Year, Spiral Manila prepares auspicious delicacies specially made to celebrate the Year of the Ox. A lavish Chinese feast featuring an elevated menu for prosperity awaits epicures. This includes braised ox tongue with lotus and dried chili, braised abalone with superior sauce, foie gras siew mai, xiao long bao truffle oil, and so much more. Lunar New Year at Spiral is set at Php 2,850 nett for lunch, while dinner is at Php 3,800 net on February 11-12, 2021.
Canton Road invites guests to usher prosperity and lunar luck as it celebrates the Year of the Metal Ox. Executive Chinese Chef Wang Wei Qing presents a sumptuous spread of regional Chinese specialties in a bountiful feast with the family.
Dining guests can welcome a year of good fortune with a celebration held in a safe and comfortable environment. A flavourful fare awaits guests with signature menus good for five (5) persons. The Spring Menu, Longevity Menu, and Prosperity Menu lead with Huaiyang and Cantonese appetizer combination and the flamed trio barbecue sampler. Groups ranging from 3 to 20 diners can enjoy intimate gatherings in any of the nine private dining rooms.
Enhancing the Canton Road dining experience are specialty dishes featuring the stuffed suckling pig with black truffle and dried scallops fried rice. An auspicious treat in lavish banquet feasts, it symbolizes completeness and prosperity.
The year of the diligent, honest and dependable Ox calls for a serving of magnificent feasts. Corniche restaurant will offer Chinese culinary treasures at the lunch and dinner buffet from February 10 to 12, 2021. This is priced at P3180 nett per person.
Should you wish to celebrate the grand occasion at home, visit Diamond Hotel’s online shopping site onlineshopping.diamondhotel.com and choose from various Chinese Set Menus and the Chinese Grazing Box. Select from the four Premium Set Menus and three Luxury Set Menus exclusively created by Chef Yang Yong. The Chinese Grazing Box good for four persons has a selection of cold cuts, appetizers, Chinese New Year Tikoy and wine.
For reservations please call 8528-3000 ext.1121, mobile number 09757921473 from 9 AM to 5 PM or visit onlineshopping.diamondhotel.com.
This Chinese New Year, greet the Year of the Metal Ox with auspicious offerings at The Peninsula Manila. This is to welcome prosperity, wealth, good health, and longevity.
- Chinese New Yea Afternoon Tea at The Lobby: Welcome the Lunar New Year with decadent delights that symbolize good fortune and prosperity. Each set comes with Chinese-cuisine inspired pastries and savories such as Mandarin Orange Choux, Litchi Strawberry Macaron, Crispy Asado Mantou Buns, Duck Confit, Char-Siu, and Tea Eggs among others. Available throughout February, each personal set is at P875 and P1,490 with Champagne.
- Chinese New Year Cakeaway Afternoon Tea Set: Welcome the Year of the Metal Ox with an auspicious Chinese New Year Cakeaway Afternoon Tea set that can be enjoyed at home. The enduring selection of pastries, cakes, and savory delights are available in a three-tier Afternoon Tea Set Box serves three is prized at P 2,950.
- Auspicious Handcrafted Confections: Joy, luck, and prosperity. The Peninsula Manila welcomes The Year of the Metal Ox with exquisitely handcrafted auspicious confections to bring abundant joy, luck, and prosperity for The Lunar New Year.
This coming Lunar New Year, Lung Hin has prepared a feast to welcome the Metal Ox. Special set menus are available from 11 to 20 February 2021, which feature favorites such as Baked Slipper Lobster in Supreme Stock, Deep-fried Crispy Hong Kong Pigeon, and Braised South African Abalone with Black Mushroom and Vegetables.
Available for a la carte are traditional dishes for the Lunar New Year. This includes the Prosperity Salmon Yu Sheng and the Crispy Garoupa Fillet in Corn Sauce. Full menus are available via this link.
Reservations are now open for guests who wish to dine in the restaurant, as well as those who wish to place advanced orders for takeaway, via (632) 7720 7777 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
New World Makati Hotel begins the Lunar New Year with premium dining experiences at the property’s renowned Chinese restaurant, Jasmine – with options for set menus, all-you-can-eat dim sum, as well as an a la carte selection to savor at home. All menus from Jasmine and Café 1228 will be available from 12 to 14 February 2021.
- Jasmine: Three auspicious set menus highlight Jasmine’s premium and authentic Chinese New Year dishes. The Jasmine set menus I-A and B are at PHP10,888 nett while menus II-A and B are at PHP12,888 nett. All menus are ideal for groups of six.
- Cafe 1228: An all-you-can-eat feast awaits diners at Café 1228, with delectable specialties available for Chinese New Year weekend. The promo rate is offered at 50% off PHP1,494 nett for Club Epicure members (sign up is FREE) and BDO credit cardholders. The regular rate is PHP2,988 nett. The offer includes free-flowing chilled juices, soda, or iced tea.
- Chef’s Recommendations Menu: For guests who prefer to dine at home, the Chef’s Recommendations menu offers a la carte selections. This includes Salmon Yu Sheng Salad, Braised Baby Abalone with Chinese Mushroom, Scallop with Broccoli and XO Sauce, and more. Dishes start at P668.
Welcome the Year of the Metal Ox and ensure year-round of good health, happiness, and prosperity as our award-winning buffet restaurant Food Exchange Manila offers a gastronomic feast featuring all-time Chinese favorites like dim sum, roasted specialties, noodles, and desserts just to name a few. Pair these with aromatic Jasmine tea for a satisfying buffet cap off.
What better way to welcome the lunar new year of 2021 than a prosperous PHP 2,021 nett buffet deal? Avail of this lucky buffet on February 11 to 12 for only PHP 2,021 nett for two persons. Pay only PHP 1,288 nett for every additional person. The lunch buffet is open from 12NN to 2:30PM while the dinner buffet can accommodate diners from 6PM to 9PM.
Kick off the arrival of the Year of the Ox with sumptuous feasting. Celebrate good fortune, good health, and a propitious 2021 with traditional Cantonese cuisine at Summer Palace. Our Chinese New Year set menus are available starting at PHP 21,188++ for a table of 10 persons.
Hotel Okura Manila welcomes the Year of the Ox with Yamazato’s Teppanyaki Kaiseki menu, featuring Australian Wagyu beef tenderloin, pork belly, and turnip cake with scallop and snow crab. This special menu is available from the 12th until 21st of February 2021. Ingredients may change slightly depending on availability.
For inquiries and reservations, please call +63 2 5318 2888. Yamazato is located at the 2nd Floor of Hotel Okura Manila within the Resorts World Manila complex. It is open from Tuesdays to Sundays for lunch (11:30 AM to 2:00 PM) and dinner (6:00 PM to 10:00 PM). Please make a reservation at least one day in advance for the special teppanyaki kaiseki menu. Visit www.hotelokuramanila.com to know more about the hotel’s most recent updates.
ity of Dreams Manila marks the arrival of the Year of the Metal Ox, the second animal of the Chinese zodiac, with festive menus that symbolize good fortune at its well-loved signature restaurants – Crystal Dragon and Nobu Manila.
- Crystal Dragon: Diners can indulge in a prosperous meal of fine Cantonese cuisine and regional Chinese specialties at Crystal Dragon from February 4 to February 26 in celebration of the Lunar New Year. To wish for a bountiful year, the restaurant sets up the ubiquitous Chinese New Year traditional table fare, the Yu Sheng. Crystal Dragon is open daily from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Nobu Manila: Celebratory a la carte dishes infused with Japanese-Peruvian flavors made famous by celebrity Chef Nobu Matsuhisa are fit for a joyous Chinese New Year dinner fête at Nobu Manila. For a leisurely al fresco dining experience, guests can book their dinners at the restaurant’s open-air cabanas and bask in the glow of the new moon. Nobu Manila is open Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and until 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
Homestream images are courtesy of Sofitel Manila and Marco Polo Ortigas Manila.