If there’s one thing people have been busy with this community quarantine, it’s cooking and baking. In My Kitchen is a new series that will be showcasing different personalities in different industries, in their kitchen sharing their favorite dish.
Banana Queen Joyce Glorioso or popularly known as Joyang TV brings us to her kitchen. You’ve probably seen a video or two of her being reuploaded on different platforms. The internet sensation who gets one hundred thousand to four million views on TikTok dances to songs with a blank face on giving us our daily dose of good vibes. But what caught the attention of her followers is the bunch of hanging bananas in every video she uploads.
In this episode, the Banana Queen as her followers call her, shares her recipe on the classic Filipino snack Turon (yes, bananas!) and adding a little twist to it.
Cheesy Turon Ingredients:
- Spring roll wrappers
- Saba bananas, cut into lengthwise
- Cheddar cheese, cut into sticks
- Brown sugar
- Cooking oil
How to make Cheesy Turon:
- Dip the Saba banana and coat with brown sugar.
- Arrange it below the middle of the spring roll wrapper.
- Put the cheese stick and dust with more sugar.
- Secure the filling by folding the wrapper and sealing the ends with water.
- Repeat steps one to four until done.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Deep fry the Turon and sprinkle more brown sugar to glaze it.
- Remove from the pan when the wrapper turns golden brown.
- Put it in a rack to drain excess oil.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Connect with us. What other recipes do you want to see?