If you haven’t caught up on this quarantine food trend that is, by the way, still going strong, here’s your chance to create your own at home.
Easy Cheesy Aburi Sushi Bake Ingredients:
- 150g crab sticks, shredded
- 120g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Japanese rice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha, optional
How to make Easy Cheesy Aburi Sushi Bake:
- Cook Japanese rice according to package instructions.
- Shred the crab sticks using a fork or a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded crab sticks, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Japanese mayonnaise. If you want a little heat, add your desired amount of sriracha. Mix well until well combined.
- Prepare your rice base by mixing in your cooked Japanese rice and rice vinegar.
- Grab your container and spread your rice evenly.
- Add the crab sticks mixture and spread until every corner is filled.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it turns a little golden in color.
- Top it off with cheese.
- Blow torch or put it back in the oven until cheese is melted.
- You can add seasoned seaweed flakes and roasted sesame seeds on top for added texture and flavor.
- Scoop and enjoy it with seasoned seaweed sheets.
Connect with us. What other recipes do you want to see?