Vegetarian but finding a lack of veggie-friendly restaurants and variety of food around the metro when you're eating out? Then this list is for you. Here are restaurants you can count on for great food for everyone, including the hot vegetarian yoga girl you’ve been meaning to take out on a date, your meat-eating boyfriend, your perfect mix of friends, and even your picky parents.
Highlighted on this list are their best vegetarian dishes that will keep you and your omnivore friends coming back for more!
IG: @210degrees.ph |FB: /210degrees.ph | www.210degrees.ph
Highly acclaimed two Michelin starred Chef William Mahi’s first independent restaurant and bar features an affordable menu serving elevated comfort food and drinks. The name 210° signifies two important things to Chef William: his perfect roasting temperature and his (more than 180°) shift from fine dining to fun dining.
- Pumpkin Veloute: cooked sous-vide with sweet white wine and cumin foam
- The Carrot: an organic carrot cooked ‘au naturel’ with carrot juice and mashed puree
- Vegetarian Tart: organic zucchini, eggplant, tomato and pesto in homemade puff pastry, served with olive ice cream
- The Egg: cooked 48°, served in potato mousse with caramelized onions (request without bacon)
- Tagliatelle: homemade pasta in carbonara (request more mushrooms in lieu of bacon)
- The Beetroot: an organic beetroot roasted on a bed of salt, served on black olive soil and raspberry vinaigrette
IG: @breakfastatantonios |www.antoniosrestaurant.ph/breakfast-at-antonios
This well-loved, all-day breakfast restaurant by Chef Tony Boy Escalante serves comfort food classics with many vegetarian options in a relaxed atmosphere along the iconic Tagaytay ridge.
- Classic Pancakes
- Mushroom and Asparagus Quiche
- Eggs Florentine (request to remove ham)
- Basil Tomato Soup
- Feta Cheese and Sauteed Spinach Omelette
- Mushroom Roesti
IG: @cavwine | cavwine.com
This well-known hub for wine lovers which features the modern European creations of Chef Markus Gfeller has a wide selection of vegetarian dishes that will satisfy even the most discriminating palates.
- Grilled Corn and Tomato Chowder
- Italian Burrata & Salsa Verde Salad: made with candied tomato and herbal virgin oil
- Portobello Tart: flaky flat bread with grilled Portobello mushrooms, arugula and goat cheese
- Wild Rice & Vegetable Potpourri: Baguio mountain rice, Portobello, baby vegetables, herbs
- Handmade Tagliatelle with Portobello Mushrooms & Madeira Cream
Cirkulo introduced Manila to a more fun and approachable take on Spanish cuisine over 20 years ago. Chef J. Gamboa’s menu of tapas, paellas and house specialties, which is constantly updated with inspirations from his travels, include some mouthwatering vegetarian dishes.
- Paella Montaña: Portobello and Cremini mushrooms, whole roasted garlic, truffle oil and asparagus
- Photo by Cirkulo
- Crema de Champiñones: Portobello mushrooms, cream, truffle oil
- Ensalada Espinacas: baby spinach, tomatoes, sherry vinaigrette (request without bacon)
- Tortilla de Patatas: the classic potato and egg omelet with caramelized onions
- Holandres de Espinacas: baked phyllo pastries with spinach, blue cheese and pine nuts
5. HAI SHIN LOU
Arguably the best Cantonese restaurant in town, Hai Shin Lou never seems to fail, even for vegetarians who are usually subjected to choose from either the usual steamed vegetables or stir-fries. Here they have a not-so-secret menu that is beguilingly vegetarian.
- Steamed Vegetarian Sio Pao
- Deep Fried Vegetarian Taro Puff
- Fresh Black Mushroom, Bamboo Pith, Silver Fungus, and Asparagus Clear Soup
- Vegetarian Peking Duck
- Crispy Egg Noodles with Mixed Fresh Mushrooms
IG: @hanakazujapanese |FB: /onlyathanakazu
Many hungry diners have continued to travel from far and wide to the south for Hanakazu's authentic Japanese cuisine since it opened in 2005. Chef Hiroaki Otsuka, who you will still find masterfully preparing dishes in his restaurant, has grown a group of loyal patrons, including some discerning vegetarians, over the years.
- Agedashi Tofu (request it vegetarian, no dashi or bonito)
- Yasai Kakeage
- Hiyashi Salad Ramen
- Takana Chahan
7. KITCHEN 1B
IG: @kitchen1B | FB: /kitchen1B
Apartment 1B’s more wholesome sister Kitchen 1B aims to make each pleasurable, gastronomic experience a path towards living well by including power ingredients that are naturally grown and meticulously selected for their immune-boosting vitamins and minerals. This place takes comfort food to another level.
- Eggplant Croquettes
- Stuffed French Toast (mango-cream cheese filling, Challah loaf)
- Goat Cheese and Marinated Beet Salad
- Organic Egg Salad Sandwhich
- Mushroom and Eggplant Lasagna
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti & Vegetables
8. KOREA GARDEN
One of the pioneers of Korean food in the Philippines, Korea Garden has been serving authentic, home made Korean recipes since the 1970's. Its appetizing dishes keep catching the hearts and palates of many Filipinos, including some vegetarian Korean food lovers!
- Sigumchijon (Spinach cake)
- Bibimbap (request it without meat)
- Tempura Vegetables
IG: @loperathefort | www.loperaristorante.com
Chef, sommelier and educator Paolo Nesi offers award-winning Tuscan cuisine at L'Opera, which has become a premier Italian establishment in the metro. Are you planning a date with a vegetarian? Take her here!
- Toretta Di Caprese Con Pomodoro
- Zuppa di Cipolle Toscana/Minestrone di Verdure/Zuppa di Funghi Rustica/Zuppa di Asparagi con Tortino di Ricotta
- Insalata Con Gorgonzola, Noci E Scaglie di Parmigiano (romaine lettuce with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and slivers of parmesan)
- Asparagi Alla Parmigiana
- Funghi Trifolati
10. PEOPLE'S PALACE
The classic Thai dishes made with fresh organic herbs (no MSG) alongside flavorful contemporary takes on Thai cuisine served in their stunning main dining room or in their ambient al fresco area contribute to the popularity of this busy restaurant. Just ask for their vegetarian/vegan menu and order away. Every single thing in their menu is gold!
- Hot and Sour Mushroom Soup
- Pomelo and Coconut Salad: with herbs, shallots and peanuts
- Vegetable Spring Rolls: with sweet chili sauce
- Light Red Curry of Bean Curd, Pumpkin, Broccoli and Mushroom
- Pad Thai Noodles: with bean sprouts, chives, bean curd and egg
IG: @r.i.c.h2015 |jhiro10.wixsite.com/rich
Though most Indian restaurants serve vegetarian options, Royal Indian Curry House or R.I.C.H. does something extra special with their dishes that will make you dance Bhangra with delight!
- Vegetarian Samosa: puff pastry filled with potatoes and peas, deep fried until golden brown
- Dal Makhani: black dal cooked Punjabi style with butter
- Palak Paneer: cottage cheese cubes cooked with spinach
- Baigan Ka Bharta: mashed eggplant cooked with spices
- Garlic Naan
12. SALA BISTRO
Chef Colin Mackay's creative European-style bistro offers guests the option to dine on soups, salads, pasta and light meals in an elegant yet laid-back atmosphere. Sala Bistro is the perfect venue for casual dinners, business lunches or weekend brunches! Even their vegetarian options exude a touch of class.
- Croque-Tomate with French Fries: toasted cheese and tomato sandwich on sourdough bread topped with a fried egg
- Thin Crust Pizza: Spinach, Goat Cheese, Chili and Garlic
- Garlicky Portobello Mushroom and Goat Cheese on Toast
- Tagliatelle with Tartufa Butter and Rocket
- Lemon Saffron Chili Risotto with Parmesan and Rocket
Samba features the fresh flavors and colorful dishes of Peru, highlighting the unique symphony of culinary influences from Spain, Africa, China, Japan and native Peru. The savory menu includes exotic vegetarian friendly dishes that delight the palate.
- Ensalad Samba: fresh greens, palm heart, artichoke, avocado, crispy pecan nuts, machego cheese, honey lemon vinaigrette
- Anticuchos de Shiitake: chargrilled shiitake mushrooms, garlic oregano chimichurri, potato chips, rocoto carretillero
- Ensalada de Quinoa (request without shrimp)
14. SENTRO 1771
IG: @sentro1771 | FB: /sentro1771
While many modern Filipino restaurants only serve a few vegetarian friendly dishes, Sentro 1771 offers a variety of meat-free dishes that the whole family can enjoy!
- Sizzling Tofu
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Fried Kesong Puti
- Two Egg Ampalaya Crepe
- Tofu Steak Tocho
- Adobong Kangkong
IG: @zigguratcuisine | FB: https://www.facebook.com/Ziggurat-Cuisine-Restaurant-125013094177654/
Ziggurat is a hidden gem that probably boasts the most extensive menu in the entire country with over 200 dishes from all over the Middle East, India and Africa, such as Morrocco, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Turkey, and Nigeria. It’s mind boggling how they are able to serve such a wide variety of great authentic cuisine 24 hours a day. You can keep coming back to try new dishes including their extensive vegetarian fare.
- Mezze Vege: Humus, Muttabal, Jazar, Mahroussa, Aubergine Caviar, Hibeh, Dukkah and Ratalu
- Iranian Rice: Premium Basmati, butter, cloves, almonds
- Mushroom Curry Ala Mittal: simmered in the secret truffle and wild mushroom cream curry sauce enjoyed by the Indian Billionaire
- Falafel: the classic Egyptian garbanzo fritters
If you’re too lazy to leave the house you can try out these great vegetarian delivery services. Always remember to mention if you have any food preferences or allergies!
1. The Good Seed: delivers delicious veggie meals to your doorstep. They have mushroom everything: tapa, longganiza, burgers, callos and sisig. So good you won't wonder where the meat is!
IG: @thegoodseed.ph | FB: /thegoodseedph| thegoodseed.ph
Tel: 0917-8474831 / 584-9080
2. The Sexy Chef: The pioneering health food delivery service in Manila just introduced their GO Vegan/Vegetarian menu which allows you to pick and choose your meals to create a customized diet plan.
IG: @thesexychef |FB: /thesexychef | www.thesexychef.ph
3. Juicesabel: This 100% plant based, all-vegan café in The Collective is known for their cold-pressed juices, and delivers too.
IG: @juicesabelph |FB: /JUICESABEL