To boost support for small, local, and independent food establishments that are gravely affected by the ongoing pandemic, UNKNWN launches a unique dining experience called HAIN: Takeaway, Together.
“The idea behind HAINstemmed from our desire to help the local food and beverage businesses that have been affected by these extraordinary times,” says HAIN co-organizer and restaurateur Samantha Nicole. “We also want to show that these struggling but surviving restaurants are endlessly creating and adapting and that ensuring our industry’s place in the future would require a collective effort.”
13 restaurants, 3 days, 1 weekend of amazing takeout experience for a good cause
HAIN’s first edition is happening on September 17 to 19 where 13 restaurants in Metro Manila have curated special takeaway menus and set meals exclusively made for the event. Here are the participating restaurants and what they’re offering:
- Angel’s Kitchen
– Softshell Crab Salad with Mango Dressing, Signature Lamb Curry with Mint Apple Chutney, and Choco Lava with Basil
– Cheese-Injected Portobello Pita Pocket, Slow Poached Salmon, and Mom’s Milk and Cookies
- Cheech & Chang Hong Kong Roasts
– Roast Duck, Lechon Macau, Hainanese Fried Chicken, and 20 Homemade Baos
- Double Down Square One Hospitality
– Whole Steeped Chicken, Gingery Rice, and Homemade Sauces – Sweet Soy, Cilantro Ginger Scallion and Hainan Spicy Sauce with a Future Fresh Side Salad
– Tofu and Mushroom Meat-Free Balls, Duck with kalabasa-kamote miso, and Dessert dumplings with lassi
- Hai Shin Lou
– Char Siu (Pork Asado), Stir Fried Beef Tenderloin Strips with Mixed Fresh Mushrooms, Fish Fillet with Homemade Beancurd in Hot Pot, Fried Rice with Seafood and Dried Olive Leaf, and Snow Ball
– Soft Shell Crab, Chicken, and Gateau Pandan
- Mijo Comfort Food
– Mijo has four sets you can choose from, one of which is a vegetarian set. See here.
- Nic’s Park Terraces
– Nic’s has two sets you can choose from, one featuring a meat dish and one featuring a vegetarian dish. See here.
– Future Rocket Salad, US Rib Eye Gyukatsu, and Chocolate and Caramel
– Crispy Kani Salad, Salmon Katsu Curry, and Sadie’s Matcha Cheesecake
- The Bistro by Element Boutique Hotel
– Home-cured Salmon Tart, Element’s pesto chicken and fresh pasta, and Pineapple crisp tart and it’s salted caramel
- The Bowery NYC Comfort Food
– Shrimp Truffle Mac & Cheese, Roasted Rosemary Chicken, and Grilled Strawberry Mango Shortcake
The curated set meals are available on HAIN’s official website, www.hain-mnl.shop, for P1,500. As it is an event for a cause, 15% of sales from the HAIN weekend will go to Rise Against Hunger PH in support of their projects to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives, and responding to emergencies.
Each HAIN kit will also come with a complimentary Singleton of Dufftown 12YO Pocket Single Malt Scotch together with custom cocktail recipes concocted by each partner restaurant. Customers of HAIN will be able to #TastetheSingleton through diverse serves paired with different food offerings in the comfort of their own homes.
For more information, please follow HAIN on Instagram on @hain_mnl or visit www.hain-mnl.shop. Share your HAIN experience online using the #HainTakeaway hashtag or by tagging HAIN geotag on Instagram.