Izakaya Sensu and Chotto Matte, Raintree Restaurants' back-to-back Japanese restaurants in Net Park BGC, are rolling out new dishes to keep Japanese food lovers excited. The modern izakaya (Japanese gastropub) concept and highball and liquor bar are located just right next to each other, so guests can enjoy cross ordering their favorite drinks and dishes from whichever restaurant.
And for the happy hour veterans of BGC, Chotto Matte is one of the best places to swing by thirsty during the afternoon because of their daily Chotto Yotte offer on drinks: it's buy one, take one from 2pm to 7pm at the bar!
A post shared by Chotto Matte PH (@chottomatteph) on
A proper amount of libation needs to be paired with equally delicious food, so while you're in the restaurant, check out the new food on the menu:
1. Dynamite Roll (P295): If spicy is how you roll, then your chopsticks must grab onto this new sushi. Izakaya Sensu and Chotto Matte's Take on this fiery Western favorite has blue fin tuna with avocado and cucumber. Adding creaminess, heat, and crunch are spicy mayonnaise, unagi sauce, chili powder, and tempura flakes.
2. Rainbow Roll (P420): For the raw seafood lover, a roll that brings the different colors together -- tuna, salmon, white fish, horse mackerel, and squid team up with refreshing avocado and cucumber. Tobiko and yuzu skin add little twists of smoky, saltly, and citrus tang. A personal favorite!
3. Aburi & Ika Roll (P450):Aburi is becoming quite popular in sushi selections, the technique being to delicately grill or torch seafood to give some smokiness. It's hard to resist the succulence of the uni (sea urchin) topping in this roll, contrasting the bite of ika (squid) in the center with chopped spring onions. No need to dip in any soy sauce, it's already flavorful as is.
4. Wagyu Suki Yaki (P1,499): Sukiyaki is always a favorite in Japanese restaurants, so Izakaya Sensu and Chotto Matte want to give their guests something extra special -- why not prepare it with the best ingredients, and have it cooked right in front of you? Cooked tableside, thin slices of wagyu beef adorn a large pot heavy with that lusciously sweet and salty broth. Vegetables are crisp and fresh, blocks of tofu plump, and the thick strands of udon pick up the flavorful notes of sweet Japanese soy sauce and mirin of the soup.
5. "Chan Chan" Nabe - Shake Miso Shabu Shabu (P1,100): Another flavorful soup-based dish to try is this new salmon shabu shabu, also cooked tableside. The miso-flavored Japanese soup with cabbages and mushrooms is served with slices of Norwegian salmon on the side.
This new shabu shabu transforms into another dish when you have leftover soup: ramen, corn, and butter are added to the shabu shabu to extend the broth and turn it into a lipsmacking noodle soup. Stuff of comfort food and definitely a mood booster on a rainy day!
6. Anmitsu (P350): End your meal with a very traditional Japanese dessert at Izakaya Sensu and Chotto Matte--this bowl combines a scoop of matcha ice cream with anko (red bean paste), agar jelly cubes, assorted fruits (strawberry, lychee, mandarin oranges, banana), and glutinous rice balls. Mitsu (dark syrup) is served on the side and you pour it on top of everything for a sweeter finish.
Visit Izakaya Sensu and Chotto Matte at the ground floor of Net Park Building, 28th Street corner 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City. Call (02) 752 5678 for inquiries. Visit their official Facebook (/RaintreeChottoMatte and /RaintreeSensu) and Instagram (@chottomatteph and @izakayasensuph) accounts to stay connected.