Go Lucky on ChemSoc 90!
76 Sct.Alcaraz St. cor. Banawe St., Bgy. Saint Peter, Quezon City
Metro Manila, Philippines
- 316:00 PMto319:00 PM
About the Event
This August, luck is on your side as the UP Chemical Society treats you to a casino-inspired celebration for its 90th anniversary through the ChemSoc Week – an annual week-long series of events to be held from August 25 to 31, 2019.
To commemorate its unwavering tradition of service, the organization’s events for ChemSoc Week include a thanksgiving mass, an online giveaway, and the following key events:
- August 26 Exhibit Opening. The roster of members, decades-long achievements and various activities of UP ChemSoc are displayed in this creative exhibit.
- August 28 Exergonic 2019: A Chemistry Career Talk. Upholding its vision of promoting academic excellence, the UP ChemSoc brings the chemistry students a symposium where chemistry professionals from relevant fields share the different opportunities awaiting the chemistry majors after graduation.
- August 29 Brain Freeze. Every year, brave challengers compete to break the fastest 54-second record in Brain Freeze, the biggest ice cream eating contest in the university.August 30 Eat-All-You-Chem. The organization gives back to the Institute of Chemistry faculty, staff and students by offering a free lunch buffet for all.
- August 30 Chem Idol 2019. Chemistry majors showcase their talent and battle it out to be the Chem Idol representative to the college-wide singing competition.
- August 31 Alumni Homecoming. For its 90th year, the organization’s culminating activity for the ChemSoc Week is a formal gathering of its members, both current and past.
About Our Organization: The UP Chemical Society is the premier student organization in the Institute of Chemistry, College of Science, University of the Philippines-Diliman. It is a nonprofit academic organization aiming to serve the college and the university, especially in the field of chemistry. Founded in August 29, 1929, UP ChemSoc is now embarking on its 90th year of promoting general welfare, encouraging intellectual inquiry in science in general and chemistry in particular, and recognizing outstanding achievements in and service to chemistry.