Barrio Fiesta RestaurantFilipino
(+63 2) 352-0271
- SpecialtiesCrispy Pata and Kare-Kare
- BudgetP200 - P499
- PaymentCash, Credit Card
- WebsiteBarrio Fiesta Restaurant
- ProfileSixta Evangelista Ongpauco was a food lover, a great cook and a woman of sound business sense. Mama Chit, as she was affectionately called, loved to cook for her friends at her home on Highway 54 in Caloocan. In 1958, Mama Chit officially opened her home as Barrio Fiesta, one of the country's first fine dining restaurants.
Mama Chit's special way of preparing pork knuckles or pata, coupled with her son Rodolfo's innovation of frying the pork until perfectly crisp, was how the Crispy Pata was invented. Paired with the Filipino specialty Kare-Kare, Barrio Fiesta's specialty drew crowds to the first of many restaurants Mama Chit and her family would establish.
With the help of her eight children, Mama Chit expanded Barrio Fiesta to numerous branches nation-wide and in other countries. Corazon Ongpauco Tamayo heads the Barrio Fiesta Greenhills Group which currently owns and manages Barrio Fiesta on EDSA (Greenhills) and in Dela Rosa Carpark 2 in Makati. It also owns and manages Good Mixes by Barrio Fiesta in Valero Carpark 2 in Makati, serving a spin on Filipino favorites at more affordable prices.
Barrio Fiesta Greenhills also owns and manages Fiesta International Catering Services, a full-service catering company that offers an array of international cuisines, elegant dining set-ups and good value for money.
- Adam Sandler in Supernatural Comedy "The Cobbler" in Movies
- Rachelle Ann Go to Sing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" for Disney's "Cinderella" in Movies
- 7 Places to Order Your Flavored Ensaymada in Manila in Food & Drink
- Kumori Philippines: Now Baking in Landmark Makati in Food & Drink
- Filipino Home Cooks, Now's Your Chance: MasterChef Asia Opens Online Auditions until March 16 in TV
- Ultron Lays Out Murderous Path to Peace in New "Avangers" Trailer in Movies