Barrio Fiesta RestaurantFilipino
(+63 2) 927-6072
- SpecialtiesCrispy Pata and Kare-Kare
- BudgetP200 - P499
- PaymentCredit Card, Credit Card
- WebsiteBarrio Fiesta Restaurant
- ProfileSixta Evangelista Ongpauco was a food lover, a great cook and a woman of sound business sense. Mama Chit, as she was affectionately called, loved to cook for her friends at her home on Highway 54 in Caloocan. In 1958, Mama Chit officially opened her home as Barrio Fiesta, one of the country's first fine dining restaurants.
Mama Chit's special way of preparing pork knuckles or pata, coupled with her son Rodolfo's innovation of frying the pork until perfectly crisp, was how the Crispy Pata was invented. Paired with the Filipino specialty Kare-Kare, Barrio Fiesta's specialty drew crowds to the first of many restaurants Mama Chit and her family would establish.
With the help of her eight children, Mama Chit expanded Barrio Fiesta to numerous branches nation-wide and in other countries. Corazon Ongpauco Tamayo heads the Barrio Fiesta Greenhills Group which currently owns and manages Barrio Fiesta on EDSA (Greenhills) and in Dela Rosa Carpark 2 in Makati. It also owns and manages Good Mixes by Barrio Fiesta in Valero Carpark 2 in Makati, serving a spin on Filipino favorites at more affordable prices.
Barrio Fiesta Greenhills also owns and manages Fiesta International Catering Services, a full-service catering company that offers an array of international cuisines, elegant dining set-ups and good value for money.
- Dance for Your Dreams and Wear Your School Spirit on Stage with Smart Jump In Dance Off in Sponsored
- Cinemalaya 2014: Ticket Prices, Synopses, and Screening Schedule in Movies
- A Candid Talk with 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Zoe Saldana in Movies
- ''Fifty Shades Of Grey'' Heats Up Web With Teaser Trailer & Images in Movies
- ''Penguins Of Madagascar'' Clip Reveal in Movies
- Loco for Adobo: 9 Restaurants Where You Can Order this Popular Filipino Dish in Food & Drink
- 'Rurouni Kenshin' Stars, Director To Be in Manila for Sequel's Asian Premiere in Movies
- Updated: Dessertarian's Guide to Manila's Home Bakers in Food & Drink
- 4 Cheesy Dishes to Check Out in Chili's New 'Your Way' Menu in Food & Drink
- 'Under the Skin' is a Triumph of Mood in Movies